News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ad recall and propensity to purchase higher among tablet users
A new survey from Nielsen reveals tablet users in the UK are more likely to accept advertising on their device than smartphone users and have better ad recall, too.
In its latest UK Connected Devices report Nielsen found that 40% of tablet users found advertising acceptable compared with 30% of smartphone users.
Furthermore, ad executions on tablets were found to be more effective. Tablet users were more likely to remember ads on their device with 48% recalling seeing an ad compared with just 37% of smartphone users.
Nielsen also found that tablets (28%) were used more to research product information following the broadcast of a television ad more than smartphones (18%). Overall, it appears tablets are being used more as a second-screen while couch-surfing and smartphones are the device of choice when out and about.
When it comes to making a purchase, tablet users are again more likely to do so than smartphone users - 10% vs. 7%.
"There is now one tablet for every six smartphones in the UK, a ratio which continues to close," said David Gosen, who leads Nielsen's digital strategy in Europe.
"Tablets are driving an increase in dual screening - this is both good and bad for advertisers. Consumers are unfortunately more distracted during TV ad breaks, with 64% saying they simultaneously use a tablet while watching TV at least 'several times a week'. But intelligent, integrated campaigns with TV, app and search elements can deliver a powerful, cohesive brand message like never before. Understanding how consumer behavior is evolving is the key to success."
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...