News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of Super Bowl XLVI viewers used mobile during game
Watchers of Super Bowl XLVI did so with their mobile devices to hand, according to mobile ad network InMobi, and nearly half used their device specifically in response to TV ads.
Mobile engagement was significant during the latest Super Bowl, reportedly the most-watched television event ever with an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
InMobi's survey of mobile users' activity during and after the game found that nearly half (45%) spent at least half an hour engaged with their mobile device with 30% using it primarily during commercial breaks.
Thirty-nine percent said they used their mobile specifically in response to television ads watched during the game intervals to do one of the following:
- discuss television ads
- discover more information about an advertised product, or
- re-watch a television ad.
An interesting statistic for advertisers is that almost twice as many of InMobi's respondents used their mobile device during the first half of the game compared to the second.
"Mobile is an amazing channel for reaching consumers when they are in a lean-back entertainment-oriented mindset," said Anne Frisbie, Vice President and Managing Director, North America, for InMobi.
"Savvy advertisers will allocate more dollars to mobile advertising, either in conjunction with TV ads or through mobile-only advertising campaigns during similar sporting events and key holiday weekends throughout the year."
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...