News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of Super Bowl XLVI viewers used mobile during game
Watchers of Super Bowl XLVI did so with their mobile devices to hand, according to mobile ad network InMobi, and nearly half used their device specifically in response to TV ads.
Mobile engagement was significant during the latest Super Bowl, reportedly the most-watched television event ever with an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
InMobi's survey of mobile users' activity during and after the game found that nearly half (45%) spent at least half an hour engaged with their mobile device with 30% using it primarily during commercial breaks.
Thirty-nine percent said they used their mobile specifically in response to television ads watched during the game intervals to do one of the following:
- discuss television ads
- discover more information about an advertised product, or
- re-watch a television ad.
An interesting statistic for advertisers is that almost twice as many of InMobi's respondents used their mobile device during the first half of the game compared to the second.
"Mobile is an amazing channel for reaching consumers when they are in a lean-back entertainment-oriented mindset," said Anne Frisbie, Vice President and Managing Director, North America, for InMobi.
"Savvy advertisers will allocate more dollars to mobile advertising, either in conjunction with TV ads or through mobile-only advertising campaigns during similar sporting events and key holiday weekends throughout the year."
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...