News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of Super Bowl XLVI viewers used mobile during game
Watchers of Super Bowl XLVI did so with their mobile devices to hand, according to mobile ad network InMobi, and nearly half used their device specifically in response to TV ads.
Mobile engagement was significant during the latest Super Bowl, reportedly the most-watched television event ever with an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
InMobi's survey of mobile users' activity during and after the game found that nearly half (45%) spent at least half an hour engaged with their mobile device with 30% using it primarily during commercial breaks.
Thirty-nine percent said they used their mobile specifically in response to television ads watched during the game intervals to do one of the following:
- discuss television ads
- discover more information about an advertised product, or
- re-watch a television ad.
An interesting statistic for advertisers is that almost twice as many of InMobi's respondents used their mobile device during the first half of the game compared to the second.
"Mobile is an amazing channel for reaching consumers when they are in a lean-back entertainment-oriented mindset," said Anne Frisbie, Vice President and Managing Director, North America, for InMobi.
"Savvy advertisers will allocate more dollars to mobile advertising, either in conjunction with TV ads or through mobile-only advertising campaigns during similar sporting events and key holiday weekends throughout the year."
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...