News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of Super Bowl XLVI viewers used mobile during game
Watchers of Super Bowl XLVI did so with their mobile devices to hand, according to mobile ad network InMobi, and nearly half used their device specifically in response to TV ads.
Mobile engagement was significant during the latest Super Bowl, reportedly the most-watched television event ever with an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
InMobi's survey of mobile users' activity during and after the game found that nearly half (45%) spent at least half an hour engaged with their mobile device with 30% using it primarily during commercial breaks.
Thirty-nine percent said they used their mobile specifically in response to television ads watched during the game intervals to do one of the following:
- discuss television ads
- discover more information about an advertised product, or
- re-watch a television ad.
An interesting statistic for advertisers is that almost twice as many of InMobi's respondents used their mobile device during the first half of the game compared to the second.
"Mobile is an amazing channel for reaching consumers when they are in a lean-back entertainment-oriented mindset," said Anne Frisbie, Vice President and Managing Director, North America, for InMobi.
"Savvy advertisers will allocate more dollars to mobile advertising, either in conjunction with TV ads or through mobile-only advertising campaigns during similar sporting events and key holiday weekends throughout the year."
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...