News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
40% of Super Bowl XLVI viewers used mobile during game
Watchers of Super Bowl XLVI did so with their mobile devices to hand, according to mobile ad network InMobi, and nearly half used their device specifically in response to TV ads.
Mobile engagement was significant during the latest Super Bowl, reportedly the most-watched television event ever with an estimated 111.3 million viewers.
InMobi's survey of mobile users' activity during and after the game found that nearly half (45%) spent at least half an hour engaged with their mobile device with 30% using it primarily during commercial breaks.
Thirty-nine percent said they used their mobile specifically in response to television ads watched during the game intervals to do one of the following:
- discuss television ads
- discover more information about an advertised product, or
- re-watch a television ad.
An interesting statistic for advertisers is that almost twice as many of InMobi's respondents used their mobile device during the first half of the game compared to the second.
"Mobile is an amazing channel for reaching consumers when they are in a lean-back entertainment-oriented mindset," said Anne Frisbie, Vice President and Managing Director, North America, for InMobi.
"Savvy advertisers will allocate more dollars to mobile advertising, either in conjunction with TV ads or through mobile-only advertising campaigns during similar sporting events and key holiday weekends throughout the year."
- Ad Roundup: Video, content tools launched
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...