News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
140 Proof launches sharable, social video ad unit
A new offering in the social space should marry two of consumers favorite online activities: social networking and video viewing. From 140 Proof, the new ad unit is sharable and available through both mobile and desktop social applications and allows brands to target consumers based on keywords in their social streams.
How big are ads in the social stream? According to 140 Proof social stream ad buys by Fortune 500 brands on their platform - the leading social platform for Twitter and Facebook advertising - quadrupled through 2011. Much of this was due to the size of campaigns launched in the social space.
The platform's new ad offering, an in-app social video ad unit, should help brands grow social campaigns even more. The offering allows brands to serve video within users favorite apps. Advertisers can create and cost a customized video viewing experience through the platform, which utilizes HTML5. They also offer a 'discussion widget' which aggregates feeds of tweets which reference the brand's hashtags.
"140 Proof helps marketers reach relevant consumers in an environment where they're actively looking to discover and share interesting content, particularly videos. Our data shows that a large percentage of social stream ads include a link to a video," said Jon Elvekrog, CEO of 140 Proof. "With 140 Proof's new in-app social video ad unit, brands can boost engagement around their videos by creating a rich, native viewing experience that is totally integrated into the consumer's use of the app and doesn't take them away from the social stream."
According to the latest stats from comScore, US consumers watched nearly 40 billion video clips in January, more than five billion of which were video ads.
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....