News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
140 Proof launches sharable, social video ad unit
A new offering in the social space should marry two of consumers favorite online activities: social networking and video viewing. From 140 Proof, the new ad unit is sharable and available through both mobile and desktop social applications and allows brands to target consumers based on keywords in their social streams.
How big are ads in the social stream? According to 140 Proof social stream ad buys by Fortune 500 brands on their platform - the leading social platform for Twitter and Facebook advertising - quadrupled through 2011. Much of this was due to the size of campaigns launched in the social space.
The platform's new ad offering, an in-app social video ad unit, should help brands grow social campaigns even more. The offering allows brands to serve video within users favorite apps. Advertisers can create and cost a customized video viewing experience through the platform, which utilizes HTML5. They also offer a 'discussion widget' which aggregates feeds of tweets which reference the brand's hashtags.
"140 Proof helps marketers reach relevant consumers in an environment where they're actively looking to discover and share interesting content, particularly videos. Our data shows that a large percentage of social stream ads include a link to a video," said Jon Elvekrog, CEO of 140 Proof. "With 140 Proof's new in-app social video ad unit, brands can boost engagement around their videos by creating a rich, native viewing experience that is totally integrated into the consumer's use of the app and doesn't take them away from the social stream."
According to the latest stats from comScore, US consumers watched nearly 40 billion video clips in January, more than five billion of which were video ads.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...