News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
USPS allows large direct mail customers to pay postage after despatch
The Postal Regulatory Commission is encouraging the U.S Postal Service to adopt a more modern approach to business by granting them permission to allow direct mailers to pay online after mailing.
Up until now U.S. direct mailers have had to pay the Postal Service for 'anticipated postage' before sending out mailing campaigns. All that is set to change now that the Postal Regulatory Commission has granted permission for payments to be delayed until those mailings have been distributed.
"Our staff looked at the various issues and recommended that the risk was minimal," said Ruth Goldway, Chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission. "It's the intention of the commission to encourage the Postal Service to act in a more modern business-like manner. Extending credit to large customers seemed to be a well-established practice and one they should engage in as they move to more flexible market practices."
If it is to return to profitability the U.S. Postal Service must reduce operating costs by $20 billion by 2015. Ten percent of those savings will come about from changes to first-class mail delivery standards including the ending of next-day delivery.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...