News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
USPS allows large direct mail customers to pay postage after despatch
The Postal Regulatory Commission is encouraging the U.S Postal Service to adopt a more modern approach to business by granting them permission to allow direct mailers to pay online after mailing.
Up until now U.S. direct mailers have had to pay the Postal Service for 'anticipated postage' before sending out mailing campaigns. All that is set to change now that the Postal Regulatory Commission has granted permission for payments to be delayed until those mailings have been distributed.
"Our staff looked at the various issues and recommended that the risk was minimal," said Ruth Goldway, Chairman of the Postal Regulatory Commission. "It's the intention of the commission to encourage the Postal Service to act in a more modern business-like manner. Extending credit to large customers seemed to be a well-established practice and one they should engage in as they move to more flexible market practices."
If it is to return to profitability the U.S. Postal Service must reduce operating costs by $20 billion by 2015. Ten percent of those savings will come about from changes to first-class mail delivery standards including the ending of next-day delivery.
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...