News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The White House joins over 90 million Google+ users
Google+ now boasts over 90 million users worldwide and in the last few days a well-known establishment has joined the ranks with an official Google+ page.
The fourth quarter of 2011 saw the Google+ user base go past the 90 million milestone. While the social network has a fair way to go to catch up with Facebook's 800 million users the new figure does represent a doubling of users since the previous quarter.
Engagement on Google+ is also growing. CEO Larry Page announced last week that users are very engaged with over 60% of them engaging daily, and over 80% weekly.
President Obama joined Google+ last year and has amassed over quarter of a million followers.
The White House Google+ page will contain the usual news, photos and videos, and also host regular Hangout video chats.
"One feature we're really excited about are Hangouts, a live multi-person video chat with up to ten participants. The President and First Lady often call the White House "The People's House"," said Kori Schulman, the deputy director of outreach at the White House Office of Digital Strategy.
"Well, this is another way we're opening our doors (virtually) to citizens around the country."
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...