News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The White House joins over 90 million Google+ users
Google+ now boasts over 90 million users worldwide and in the last few days a well-known establishment has joined the ranks with an official Google+ page.
The fourth quarter of 2011 saw the Google+ user base go past the 90 million milestone. While the social network has a fair way to go to catch up with Facebook's 800 million users the new figure does represent a doubling of users since the previous quarter.
Engagement on Google+ is also growing. CEO Larry Page announced last week that users are very engaged with over 60% of them engaging daily, and over 80% weekly.
President Obama joined Google+ last year and has amassed over quarter of a million followers.
The White House Google+ page will contain the usual news, photos and videos, and also host regular Hangout video chats.
"One feature we're really excited about are Hangouts, a live multi-person video chat with up to ten participants. The President and First Lady often call the White House "The People's House"," said Kori Schulman, the deputy director of outreach at the White House Office of Digital Strategy.
"Well, this is another way we're opening our doors (virtually) to citizens around the country."
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
- Reports: Mobile economy flourishing
- Top 3 trends to push marketers ahead in 2015
- Consumers want marketing email based on previous purchases
- Kenshoo highlights rise in Facebook ad spend
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...