News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Socially speaking, Tebow getting attention
Over the past few months Denver Broncos Quarterback Tim Tebow has gotten a lot of media attention; from radio talk show hosts arguing that he is (or isn't) a great quarterback to the headlines from his come-from-behind wins. And then there is the public perception.
According to General Sentiment, going by social networks, Tebow is winning fans more than better known quarterbacks including Tom Brady (New England Patriots), Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) and Drew Brees (New Orleans Saints).
The Denver Broncos are now out of the quest for a Super Bowl Ring but their quarterback, who led them to five come-from-behind victories, is still getting headlines. In fact, General Sentiment finds Tebow has generated more social media buzz than Brady, Rodgers and Brees combined so far this year.
"Considering that Tebow wasn't even a backup quarterback at the start of the season, this is impressive. His appeal has grown steadily throughout the regular season like the development of a strong hurricane. In September, nobody was really talking about him as Tebow found himself stuck behind Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn on the Broncos' depth chart. Then, as the Broncos stumbled to a 1-4 start, coach John Fox rolled the dice and announced that Tebow would be the starting quarterback. Tebow went on to lead the Broncos to exhilarating comeback wins over the Dolphins, Jets, Chargers, Vikings and Bears. . .His knack for late-game heroics caused his legend to grow, accounting for his upward trend in Social Media and on Twitter," was written on the General Sentiment blog.
The news isn't all sweetness and light, though. While Tebow generated more than 65% of all positive social media mentions his share of negative mentions was the highest overall, too.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...