News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Site visitors using social logins stay longer, view more pages
When Internet users log in to websites using a social login they spend more time on those sites and view more pages, according to new research from social technology firm Gigya.
If you're looking to increase the stickiness of your website and up the number of pages viewed by visitors then social logins could be the answer.
According to Gigya's recent research, illustrated with an infographic, those who log in to third-party sites using Facebook Connect spend, on average, 50% more time on a website and view twice as many pages.
Facebook Connect accounts for the majority of social logins (62%) but website owners should consider providing multiple social login options to cater for those using Yahoo (15%), Google (12%), Twitter (10%) and LinkedIn (2%).
As Patrick Slayer, CEO of Gigya, explained to VentureBeat people use different social logins depending on which persona they want to be. Those who want to share with their professional contacts might log in with LinkedIn but those sharing with friends will use Facebook.
Clearly, those who use social logins want to interact with a website which, in turn, pushes up their time spent and pages viewed.
"In essence, social login is acting as a gateway for user engagement with plug-ins like Comments, Sharing, Game Mechanics and Activity Feed," writes Slayer on the company blog.
"For example, on the Pepsi SoundOff site (a Gigya client), the first step to interacting with the site and with other users is to log in socially. When that connection is made, users can instantly participate in all of the site's social activities like commenting, sharing and earning points/rewards."
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
- How to build loyalty through games
- Weekend Shopping Roundup: Mobile hot, social is not
- Top 3 tips to improve SMB security
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...