News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: More ad dollars to digital efforts
New reports, out from Vizu and BrightEdge, indicate 2012 will continue to show an increase in digital advertising efforts. First, from Vizu, experts believe more ad dollars will be used for brand-focused initiatives. Then, from BrightEdge, marketers are looking for more from search campaigns.
According to Vizu's findings 64% of advertisers will increase brand advertising budgets this year and 60% say they'll pull ad dollars from direct response initiatives to fund more brand advertising. Why the renewed focus on brand advertising? Most (68%) respondents cited better understanding of what branded campaigns are returning to advertisers; meanwhile 56% said brand advertising campaigns made it simpler to see if ads were having the desired effect (increased product recognition, for example). Meanwhile 80% said brand lift was the metric they most relied on to determine the effectiveness of a campaign.
"There's still more that needs to be done in order to realize those numbers and make online the medium of choice for brand advertisers," Dan Beltramo, CEO of Vizu. "I believe that when brand advertisers understand that their online ads can now be measured and optimized using classic offline brand metrics such as awareness and purchase intent, we will see a further growth in their online ad budgets."
Meanwhile, new data from BrightEdge indicates search will also be a hot property in 2012. Their annual survey of more than 300 marketers found that most marketers (73%) plan to increase the search marketing spend this year; marketers are also looking for better ways to plan and manage global search campaigns.
Other interesting findings include:
• 83% want better tools to study social 'signals' - tweets, +1's, likes, etc. - in regards to search effortsw
• 84% are looking for enterprise grand infrastructure platforms
• 70% say their search campaigns are run in multiple countries
"The fact that so many executives are looking for things like enterprise-grade infrastructure, social signal measurement and global reach means that brands are focused on leveraging this technology for mission critical operations," said Jim Yu, CEO of BrightEdge. "At BrightEdge we have focused our technology team to be sure that we have what leading search marketers need in 2012."
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
- Unilever to up digital spend following display ad trial
- FreeWheel: Video ad views up 24% YoY
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...