News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online newspapers visited by half of European Internet users
New data released by comScore shows that, of the 379.4 million people in Europe that went online during November, 2011, almost half visited online newspapers. Many newspapers visits were prededed by visits to Facebook.
comScore's data reveals Internet users in the UK spend the most time online out of all their European counterparts and have the highest levels of engagement, too.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, to learn that the two most-visited newspapers online in Europe were U.K.-based. Britain's oldest tabloid newspaper, The Daily Mail, attracted the largest online audience in Europe with 20.1 million unique visitors, followed by The Guardian at 15.7 million unique visitors.
The two British newspapers were followed by Turkish newspapers Hürriyet and Milliyet and German newspaper Bild, each attracting around 10 million unique visitors.
Many visits to newspaper websites were driven by Facebook, found comScore. Google Sites preceded 12% of visits to the top five newspapers mentioned above but Facebook isn't far behind driving 10%.
In the U.S. print ad spending in newspapers and magazines is forecast to drop below that of advertising spend online for the first time. eMarketer predicts a 6.1% drop in magazine and newspaper print ad spending to a total of $33.8 billion in the coming year compared with growth of 23.3% in online ad spending to $39.5 billion.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...