News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online newspapers visited by half of European Internet users
New data released by comScore shows that, of the 379.4 million people in Europe that went online during November, 2011, almost half visited online newspapers. Many newspapers visits were prededed by visits to Facebook.
comScore's data reveals Internet users in the UK spend the most time online out of all their European counterparts and have the highest levels of engagement, too.
It comes as no surprise, therefore, to learn that the two most-visited newspapers online in Europe were U.K.-based. Britain's oldest tabloid newspaper, The Daily Mail, attracted the largest online audience in Europe with 20.1 million unique visitors, followed by The Guardian at 15.7 million unique visitors.
The two British newspapers were followed by Turkish newspapers Hürriyet and Milliyet and German newspaper Bild, each attracting around 10 million unique visitors.
Many visits to newspaper websites were driven by Facebook, found comScore. Google Sites preceded 12% of visits to the top five newspapers mentioned above but Facebook isn't far behind driving 10%.
In the U.S. print ad spending in newspapers and magazines is forecast to drop below that of advertising spend online for the first time. eMarketer predicts a 6.1% drop in magazine and newspaper print ad spending to a total of $33.8 billion in the coming year compared with growth of 23.3% in online ad spending to $39.5 billion.
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...