News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New advertising tools will help brands make most of $40b spend
Online advertising, forecasts eMarketer, may hit $40 billion this year. That, in itself is headline making news, but of more interest to brands and marketers are the new ways to analyze campaigns and engage the online consumer base.
In the US, online ad spending increased 23% in 2011 to reach $32.03 billion; they're expecting another 23% increase this year which would push the online ad spend to $39.5 billion. If it happens, that would push the online ad spead ahead of the print ad spend for the first time; you can read more in-depth about the forecast here.
Increasing comfort in the online space along with more metrics and targeting abilities are part of the draw to the online ad space. Data from Bizo shows that display advertising, combined with online stand-bys Search and Email marketing can increase the relevance and targeting abilities for marketers, giving them more control over campaign ROI. Those analytics are driving marketers' interest in the online space.
Their findings for display ads include:
• Display boosts form conversions by 30%
• Targeted display ads push event registrations 25%
• Display boost website lift by 46%
• Display + Search = 6% more brand recall
• Targeted display ads increase brand recommendations by 10%
Meanwhile, additions to the analytics side like the new Adometry Ad Analytics Suite, offer brands more ways to analyze campaigns to increase performance.
"Our new advanced attribution technology ensures that digital marketers have the data and automated tools needed to simultaneously invest campaign dollars more effectively across all channels - from mobile, social, video and more," said Paul Pellman, CEO of Adometry. "In addition, with implementation times of as little as two weeks, we're helping advertisers accelerate the ROI for their campaigns."
Using Smart Overlap Reporting brands can identify which websites are redundant and while offer lift while the Practical Frequency Analysis helps identify the number of ads to show a consumer before backing away. The suite also offers audience reports and visibility enhancements to help performance.
- What to expect on the video front in 2014
- How to create a solid A/B testing strategy
- Reports: Brands need strategy for mobile success
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
Featured White Papers
- How-to Guide to Online Customer Community Technologies
This Gleansight benchmark report explores what community experiences offer the greatest value to businesses. It looks at what technologies, processes...
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...