News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iGoDigital: Online CE orders double August - December 2011
The 2011 holiday season may be over but that doesn't mean it has to be history. There are still lessons to be learned from the data collected during the shopping-fest that runs from Black Friday to New Year's Day in the US. First and foremost, trends for shoppers. A new report from iGoDigital shows marketers where the increases were in 2011 - which may indicate where increases can be found looking ahead to the 2012 holidays.
When it comes to online shopping more consumers are looking to consumer electronics online. According to iGoDigital's report the order size for consumer electronics doubled, on average, between August 2011 to December 2011 with items 'added to cart' growing by 1000%. Other interesting findings include:
• Online apparel sales shrank (yearly average) but increased 300% during the Christmas-New Year's week
• Online revenues for books, movies and music increased 9% Year over Year
• Health and Beauty shoppers showed 9% higher conversion rates when interacting with targeted email or finding brand information on their own
Also of interest to brands: the mobile numbers. iGoDigital reports nearly 10% of consumers used a mobile device to make at least one purchase during the early morning hours on Black Friday. They also found that brands who added mobile options during the fourth quarter showed significant traffic and purchases increases; in some cases traffic and purchases doubled.
"This shows that people were using their mobile devices to research products more often than they were purchasing directly from them, but when they decided to purchase they were checking out with more items in their cart than on the web," was written in the report.
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
- Platforms hope to push interactivity
- How password security is changing ecommerce
- Gracenote releases video APIs
- Enhanced data, engagement behind 3 new releases
Featured White Papers
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...
- Display Ad Clickers Are Not Your Customers
Relying on clicks to drive conversions for display advertising is often a dead end. Consumers most likely to click on...