News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How coupon, deal sites make shopping simpler for buyers, sellers
Nearly a month into 2012 do you have a plan in place to attract shoppers time and again? Incorporating deals, coupons and flash sales may help, and two new offerings in the space are geared to smaller sellers.
There is a new flash site on the web that may help small etailers and businesses get a bigger presence on the Web. Called LuxeYard, the flash sale site focuses not just on big-name brands but on interesting, new or high-quality products. They're working with local businesses to put products online and are working with designers like Bobby Berk on product recommendations.
In addition to the flash sale portion of the company they're launching LuxePop which is similar to an online pop-up retail store. The site also integrates with social media so that shoppers can push the prices down by group buying. Other offerings include:
• Concierge Buying - giving the consumer the ability to 'recommend' items to put on the site
• Shipping from manufacturer to consumer to lower shipping/handling costs
• Expert advice on trends, products and information
Meanwhile CouponCodes.com has revamped some of their offerings with female shoppers in mind. The site has created pages to help shoppers more easily find deals, coupons and offers from brands. Through the new pages format shoppers can shop for deals and codes according to what they want - DIY Interior Designer, Fashionista, Small Business Owner, etc.
Just how big is the coupon/deal space becoming? Over the Thanksgiving Weekend (US, 2011) CouponCodes estimated shoppers using their site could save $17.50 (average) on each purchase made during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday extravaganza.
The issue? Only about 11% of shoppers (Ipsos Public Affairs survey) look online for coupons or deal codes before heading out to shop - or even to shop online. With the new system in place CouponCodes hopes shoppers will come back because they've made finding deals simpler. The new offering should also hold out hope to online retailers because getting shoppers in the cyber doors is also made easier when they have a coupon to use to off-set shipping or get an even better deal.
- Tapjoy reveals mobile habits of traveling consumers
- Product reviews on Facebook more trusted, influential than on other social media
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...