News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How coupon, deal sites make shopping simpler for buyers, sellers
Nearly a month into 2012 do you have a plan in place to attract shoppers time and again? Incorporating deals, coupons and flash sales may help, and two new offerings in the space are geared to smaller sellers.
There is a new flash site on the web that may help small etailers and businesses get a bigger presence on the Web. Called LuxeYard, the flash sale site focuses not just on big-name brands but on interesting, new or high-quality products. They're working with local businesses to put products online and are working with designers like Bobby Berk on product recommendations.
In addition to the flash sale portion of the company they're launching LuxePop which is similar to an online pop-up retail store. The site also integrates with social media so that shoppers can push the prices down by group buying. Other offerings include:
• Concierge Buying - giving the consumer the ability to 'recommend' items to put on the site
• Shipping from manufacturer to consumer to lower shipping/handling costs
• Expert advice on trends, products and information
Meanwhile CouponCodes.com has revamped some of their offerings with female shoppers in mind. The site has created pages to help shoppers more easily find deals, coupons and offers from brands. Through the new pages format shoppers can shop for deals and codes according to what they want - DIY Interior Designer, Fashionista, Small Business Owner, etc.
Just how big is the coupon/deal space becoming? Over the Thanksgiving Weekend (US, 2011) CouponCodes estimated shoppers using their site could save $17.50 (average) on each purchase made during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday extravaganza.
The issue? Only about 11% of shoppers (Ipsos Public Affairs survey) look online for coupons or deal codes before heading out to shop - or even to shop online. With the new system in place CouponCodes hopes shoppers will come back because they've made finding deals simpler. The new offering should also hold out hope to online retailers because getting shoppers in the cyber doors is also made easier when they have a coupon to use to off-set shipping or get an even better deal.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...