News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forrester: More ad dollars to video through 2016
Look for more advertisers to expand into online video or to push more ad dollars into the video space. Online video, finds Forrester Research, will become a bigger deal for many advertisers through 2016; they expect ad spending to increase more than 200% for the video category.
As more people switch their viewing habits from traditional television to online media advertisers are following suit. Yes, the biggest programmers are still network and cable television stations, but more and more of that TV content is being consumed online.
YuMe has announced it will partner with Samsung to provide advertising for their Smart TV; one of the first brands to sign on is State Farm Insurance. Along with powering the ads, YuMe is conducting the first connected TV Brand Lift study to determine how consumers engage with ads and how that impacts their feeling about the brand.
A recent forecast from Forrester Research predicts digital video advertising (US) will reach at least $5.4 billion by 2016; in 2011 digital video ads pulled in $2 billion. Why the dramatic increase? The evolution of mobile and video-friendly devices, primarily, along with an increase in professionally produced video content. Younger viewers are used to watching programming on their schedule - whether TiVo'd or streamed online - and that audience behavior is increasingly seen in older viewers, too.
Those behaviors are pushing cable and broadcast networks as well as online-first producers to increase the amount of 'safe' online content and that, in turn, is pulling more advertisers into the space.
Some interesting findings from Forrester:
• 37 million US households have at least one connected device, allowing for the viewing of digital content
• Connected device penetration is expected to reach 50% of US households by 2016
In November comScore noted nearly 41 billion online video clips were viewed by the US audience; on average US viewers spend more than 20 hours each.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...