News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Email offering takes small steps for greater results
Acquisition email is a space less crowded by marketers. Although the space is less crowded that doesn't mean advertisers should send any and all messages to any and all consumer lists. From the ividence point of view, campaigns begin by sending a message to a core group of list members and then quantifying opens, clicks and other metrics before the target is tweaked and then sent to a larger group of list members.
"What has been in place, for email, has been a system that doesn't take consumer data into account. It's been Brand A telling Publisher B to send out a message," said Lynn Dalsing, Director, Marketing Communications, ividence. "We feel that doesn't serve the market. Our platform works for the advertiser and the publisher by offering controls and sending relevant messaging to consumers on those lists."
ividence is a stand alone email exchange targeting certain groups within a list to maximize campaign ROI. The platform uses behavioral targeting so that brands send fewer emails overall with a higher campaign ROI because of the relevance of the messaging. Using the platform advertisers determine who is opening emails and the type of campaign - Cost Per Open, Cost Per Click, etc. - meanwhile publishers obtain control by accepting or rejecting advertiser offers. Publishers also determine how often emails are sent.
"Essentially our system takes a 'bid' from an advertiser and determines who to send messages to based on past behavior and campaign goals," said Dalsing. "This enhances ROI for advertisers and for publishers rather than sending the same message to every list member, certain members are chosen based on interest levels increasing their revenue."
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...