News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Digital Zip takes targeting to hyper local level
Over the past year a lot has been said about localizing online campaigns. With the consumer base increasingly mobile it makes sense to include not only local sales but local information - locations, phone numbers, etc. - in online information. One offering, MaxPoint Interactive's Digital Zip takes this kind of targeting to the hyper local level.
"Digital Zip [pinpoints] qualified neighborhoods at the most granular level," said Gretchen Joyce, President, MaxPoint Interactive. "As a result, retailers and brands can execute highly targeted digital advertising campaigns that drive in-store traffic and sales. We can pinpoint qualified customers interested in purchasing a brand's product with more precision than using traditional zip codes, ultimately offering accurate neighborhood level targeting with national reach and local results."
For retailers this can mean an increase in in-store traffic, even from a national campaign. Digital Zip can run targeted campaigns to specific audiences within a zip code. Even though the 2011 holidays showed a surge in online sales retailers still need to move products from store shelves - not just from cyber shelves.
"For example, if a national retailer with thousands of physical locations wants to promote the launch of a new sports drink brand that they carry, they use MaxPoint's Digital Zip technology to pinpoint the exact neighborhoods in which to promote the drink. Perhaps the audience they are trying to reach is moms with children under the age of 12 who play organized sports and live within 8 miles of one of their retail locations," said Joyce.
As the consumer base becomes more mobile it makes sense for brands to embrace platforms such as this - because engaging mobile consumers is all about their location.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...