News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Negative reviews are effective conversion tools
Don't delete those negative reviews. Believe it or not they're one of your most effective conversion tools, according to new data released by social commerce company Reevoo.
While it may be tempting to get rid of negative reviews, you're not fooling anyone. If anything you're doing more harm than good. You see, according to new findings by Reevoo over two-thirds of consumers (68%) trust reviews more when they see a mix of both good and bad feedback.
Furthermore, a whopping 95% of consumers become suspicious when no bad reviews are evident, believing the site to be censored or faked.
Consumers know that not every product or service is perfect. They want to know about any negatives so they can weigh them up against all the good points and make a fully informed purchasing decision.
Some consumers actively seek out negative reviews, according to Reevoo, and they see a 67% increase in conversion rates among such consumers. These consumers also spend far longer on websites and view four times as many pages during their in-depth pre-purchase research.
"Counter-intuitive as it may seem, negative user-generated content is actually one of the most effective conversion tools," says Richard Anson, founder and CEO of Reevoo.
The full report, "Bad Reviews are Good for Business" can be read free online.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...