News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Negative reviews are effective conversion tools
Don't delete those negative reviews. Believe it or not they're one of your most effective conversion tools, according to new data released by social commerce company Reevoo.
While it may be tempting to get rid of negative reviews, you're not fooling anyone. If anything you're doing more harm than good. You see, according to new findings by Reevoo over two-thirds of consumers (68%) trust reviews more when they see a mix of both good and bad feedback.
Furthermore, a whopping 95% of consumers become suspicious when no bad reviews are evident, believing the site to be censored or faked.
Consumers know that not every product or service is perfect. They want to know about any negatives so they can weigh them up against all the good points and make a fully informed purchasing decision.
Some consumers actively seek out negative reviews, according to Reevoo, and they see a 67% increase in conversion rates among such consumers. These consumers also spend far longer on websites and view four times as many pages during their in-depth pre-purchase research.
"Counter-intuitive as it may seem, negative user-generated content is actually one of the most effective conversion tools," says Richard Anson, founder and CEO of Reevoo.
The full report, "Bad Reviews are Good for Business" can be read free online.
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
- Alternative to Dropbox and Box
Featured White Papers
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...