News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Negative reviews are effective conversion tools
Don't delete those negative reviews. Believe it or not they're one of your most effective conversion tools, according to new data released by social commerce company Reevoo.
While it may be tempting to get rid of negative reviews, you're not fooling anyone. If anything you're doing more harm than good. You see, according to new findings by Reevoo over two-thirds of consumers (68%) trust reviews more when they see a mix of both good and bad feedback.
Furthermore, a whopping 95% of consumers become suspicious when no bad reviews are evident, believing the site to be censored or faked.
Consumers know that not every product or service is perfect. They want to know about any negatives so they can weigh them up against all the good points and make a fully informed purchasing decision.
Some consumers actively seek out negative reviews, according to Reevoo, and they see a 67% increase in conversion rates among such consumers. These consumers also spend far longer on websites and view four times as many pages during their in-depth pre-purchase research.
"Counter-intuitive as it may seem, negative user-generated content is actually one of the most effective conversion tools," says Richard Anson, founder and CEO of Reevoo.
The full report, "Bad Reviews are Good for Business" can be read free online.
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...