News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Search driving sales in-store as well as online
It is a given that paid search campaigns boost traffic and sales for online merchants. But what is the take-away from a paid search campaign for a brick-and-mortar store? Also sales, finds new research from Yahoo and RevTrax, and as we head into Q1 2012 those sales will become more and more important.
Merchants online and offline may be flying high on the increase in sales this holiday season, but in a couple of weeks, that high will wear off in the face of lagging traffic to and from outlets. The right campaign could, of course, help push more sales, but the historic cycle of high Q4 sales and low Q1 sales won't change. The best merchants can hope for is to push small increases in traffic and use this time to build loyalty and engagement. One way? According to the RevTrax study, employ search tactics.
Researchers with Yahoo and RevTrax found that on average paid search campaigns generate $15 of in-store revenue and that for each $1 spent online because of a paid search campaign, $6 are spent in-store; the average transaction size for participants in the report was less than $200.
Other interesting findings include:
• 40% to 50% of customer's acquired through search were new-to-merchant buyers
• 9% of paid search clicks generate an in-store purchase
Researchers studied paid search campaigns between August 2009 and August 2011. For the report, consumers shown paid search ads were allowed to print coupons or use mobile barcodes; in many cases that coupon or code was redeemed in-store.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...