News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SAY Media release to profile, target non-TV viewers
A new release from SAY Media may help those in the video ad space better connect with a growing population of non-television viewers. While most Americans are still watching television programming, many aren't watching during traditional Prime Time hours - they're either streaming those programs or using DVRs to record and play back later.
comScore released their October findings for video viewing; on average, 184 million Americans watched 21 hours of online video content each. Because of this trend commercial advertisers may be missing a huge number of consumers.
SAY Media's new release profiles these non-traditional television viewers and from that profile had identified the behavior of similar people. These 'Off the Grid' viewers can then be targeted by their preferences; the platform is powered by Quantcast.
What is 'prime time' for online video? Depends on the format, finds a new report from FreeWheel. Their research shows short-form (5 minutes or less) and mid-form (5-20 minutes) content is most likely to be viewed between 1pm and 4pm - while most people are at work. Long-form content is most likely to be watched between 8pm and 11pm.
The trend of people watching online or even through DVRs prompted SAY Media to participate in two studies earlier this year. The first, released in September, found one-third of those surveyed by phone had not watched traditional television programming the prior week and that most (88%) who watched DVR'd programming fast-forwarded through commercials. Then, in November, they participated in a report which found about 56 million US adults (33% of the adult population) either weren't watching live television or were watching programming on a non-television device.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...