News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SAY Media release to profile, target non-TV viewers
A new release from SAY Media may help those in the video ad space better connect with a growing population of non-television viewers. While most Americans are still watching television programming, many aren't watching during traditional Prime Time hours - they're either streaming those programs or using DVRs to record and play back later.
comScore released their October findings for video viewing; on average, 184 million Americans watched 21 hours of online video content each. Because of this trend commercial advertisers may be missing a huge number of consumers.
SAY Media's new release profiles these non-traditional television viewers and from that profile had identified the behavior of similar people. These 'Off the Grid' viewers can then be targeted by their preferences; the platform is powered by Quantcast.
What is 'prime time' for online video? Depends on the format, finds a new report from FreeWheel. Their research shows short-form (5 minutes or less) and mid-form (5-20 minutes) content is most likely to be viewed between 1pm and 4pm - while most people are at work. Long-form content is most likely to be watched between 8pm and 11pm.
The trend of people watching online or even through DVRs prompted SAY Media to participate in two studies earlier this year. The first, released in September, found one-third of those surveyed by phone had not watched traditional television programming the prior week and that most (88%) who watched DVR'd programming fast-forwarded through commercials. Then, in November, they participated in a report which found about 56 million US adults (33% of the adult population) either weren't watching live television or were watching programming on a non-television device.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...