News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SAY Media release to profile, target non-TV viewers
A new release from SAY Media may help those in the video ad space better connect with a growing population of non-television viewers. While most Americans are still watching television programming, many aren't watching during traditional Prime Time hours - they're either streaming those programs or using DVRs to record and play back later.
comScore released their October findings for video viewing; on average, 184 million Americans watched 21 hours of online video content each. Because of this trend commercial advertisers may be missing a huge number of consumers.
SAY Media's new release profiles these non-traditional television viewers and from that profile had identified the behavior of similar people. These 'Off the Grid' viewers can then be targeted by their preferences; the platform is powered by Quantcast.
What is 'prime time' for online video? Depends on the format, finds a new report from FreeWheel. Their research shows short-form (5 minutes or less) and mid-form (5-20 minutes) content is most likely to be viewed between 1pm and 4pm - while most people are at work. Long-form content is most likely to be watched between 8pm and 11pm.
The trend of people watching online or even through DVRs prompted SAY Media to participate in two studies earlier this year. The first, released in September, found one-third of those surveyed by phone had not watched traditional television programming the prior week and that most (88%) who watched DVR'd programming fast-forwarded through commercials. Then, in November, they participated in a report which found about 56 million US adults (33% of the adult population) either weren't watching live television or were watching programming on a non-television device.
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...