News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SAY Media release to profile, target non-TV viewers
A new release from SAY Media may help those in the video ad space better connect with a growing population of non-television viewers. While most Americans are still watching television programming, many aren't watching during traditional Prime Time hours - they're either streaming those programs or using DVRs to record and play back later.
comScore released their October findings for video viewing; on average, 184 million Americans watched 21 hours of online video content each. Because of this trend commercial advertisers may be missing a huge number of consumers.
SAY Media's new release profiles these non-traditional television viewers and from that profile had identified the behavior of similar people. These 'Off the Grid' viewers can then be targeted by their preferences; the platform is powered by Quantcast.
What is 'prime time' for online video? Depends on the format, finds a new report from FreeWheel. Their research shows short-form (5 minutes or less) and mid-form (5-20 minutes) content is most likely to be viewed between 1pm and 4pm - while most people are at work. Long-form content is most likely to be watched between 8pm and 11pm.
The trend of people watching online or even through DVRs prompted SAY Media to participate in two studies earlier this year. The first, released in September, found one-third of those surveyed by phone had not watched traditional television programming the prior week and that most (88%) who watched DVR'd programming fast-forwarded through commercials. Then, in November, they participated in a report which found about 56 million US adults (33% of the adult population) either weren't watching live television or were watching programming on a non-television device.
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Digital Roundup: Free and freemium models launched
- Banking industry figures show silver surfers avid users of Internet, mobile banking
- Top 3 holiday trends than will impact 2015
- Valentine's Surveys: What couples are looking
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...