News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SAY Media release to profile, target non-TV viewers
A new release from SAY Media may help those in the video ad space better connect with a growing population of non-television viewers. While most Americans are still watching television programming, many aren't watching during traditional Prime Time hours - they're either streaming those programs or using DVRs to record and play back later.
comScore released their October findings for video viewing; on average, 184 million Americans watched 21 hours of online video content each. Because of this trend commercial advertisers may be missing a huge number of consumers.
SAY Media's new release profiles these non-traditional television viewers and from that profile had identified the behavior of similar people. These 'Off the Grid' viewers can then be targeted by their preferences; the platform is powered by Quantcast.
What is 'prime time' for online video? Depends on the format, finds a new report from FreeWheel. Their research shows short-form (5 minutes or less) and mid-form (5-20 minutes) content is most likely to be viewed between 1pm and 4pm - while most people are at work. Long-form content is most likely to be watched between 8pm and 11pm.
The trend of people watching online or even through DVRs prompted SAY Media to participate in two studies earlier this year. The first, released in September, found one-third of those surveyed by phone had not watched traditional television programming the prior week and that most (88%) who watched DVR'd programming fast-forwarded through commercials. Then, in November, they participated in a report which found about 56 million US adults (33% of the adult population) either weren't watching live television or were watching programming on a non-television device.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...