News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New tool divines human emotion for a better connection
In the world of social marketing the 'like' or 'retweet' seems to be the king of metrics. But are those metrics telling brands everything they need to know about a campaign? Not really. A new tool from MotiveQuest places human emotion into the social space to give marketers a deeper look at consumer engagement.
The tool, Fathom Analytics for Facebook, was created to help small and mid-sized businesses better connect with their consumer base. Rather than a simple listing of likes and shares, though, the tool focuses on the context of posts and likes to determine the emotion of the consumer in question.
"Many people judge the success of their Facebook page using likes," said David Rabjohns, CEO of MotiveQuest and Fathom Research. "But what if people are liking your page to tell you that they hate you, as is the case with most cellular service providers. Our goal was to introduce a simple tool that could analyze Facebook data in a more sophisticated way in order to help people build deeper, more connected relationships."
The tool measures sentiment, so that brands can understand how a social networker is 'speaking' about a brand and from uses real-time Natural Language processing for better understanding of those interactions. The interactions are all measured in real-time so brands can quickly adjust or engage with a consumer through the social network.
How important is social networking? comScore researchers report social networking takes up 33% of the time spent online in Malaysia, for 1 in 5 minutes spent online in Australia and in the US social networking is so popular the mobile-social audience increased 37% between 2010 and 2011. Facebook is the king of the networks; according to Experian/Hitwise Facebook now has a 9% share of visits (week ending 12/3/11), leading all other websites.
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...