News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New tool divines human emotion for a better connection
In the world of social marketing the 'like' or 'retweet' seems to be the king of metrics. But are those metrics telling brands everything they need to know about a campaign? Not really. A new tool from MotiveQuest places human emotion into the social space to give marketers a deeper look at consumer engagement.
The tool, Fathom Analytics for Facebook, was created to help small and mid-sized businesses better connect with their consumer base. Rather than a simple listing of likes and shares, though, the tool focuses on the context of posts and likes to determine the emotion of the consumer in question.
"Many people judge the success of their Facebook page using likes," said David Rabjohns, CEO of MotiveQuest and Fathom Research. "But what if people are liking your page to tell you that they hate you, as is the case with most cellular service providers. Our goal was to introduce a simple tool that could analyze Facebook data in a more sophisticated way in order to help people build deeper, more connected relationships."
The tool measures sentiment, so that brands can understand how a social networker is 'speaking' about a brand and from uses real-time Natural Language processing for better understanding of those interactions. The interactions are all measured in real-time so brands can quickly adjust or engage with a consumer through the social network.
How important is social networking? comScore researchers report social networking takes up 33% of the time spent online in Malaysia, for 1 in 5 minutes spent online in Australia and in the US social networking is so popular the mobile-social audience increased 37% between 2010 and 2011. Facebook is the king of the networks; according to Experian/Hitwise Facebook now has a 9% share of visits (week ending 12/3/11), leading all other websites.
- Experiences - not amenities - create most social media chatter about hotels
- Younger consumers will share personal data in exchange for more accurate search results
- Forecast: App store spend to increase 33%
- Report shows Southwest winning digital airline wars
- Expert: Why unsubscribes aren't necessarily bad
- Study: Most want loyalty to be mobile
- Expert: Data key to video strategy
- Study: Half of loyalty club members want retail redemption options
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...