News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
New tool divines human emotion for a better connection
In the world of social marketing the 'like' or 'retweet' seems to be the king of metrics. But are those metrics telling brands everything they need to know about a campaign? Not really. A new tool from MotiveQuest places human emotion into the social space to give marketers a deeper look at consumer engagement.
The tool, Fathom Analytics for Facebook, was created to help small and mid-sized businesses better connect with their consumer base. Rather than a simple listing of likes and shares, though, the tool focuses on the context of posts and likes to determine the emotion of the consumer in question.
"Many people judge the success of their Facebook page using likes," said David Rabjohns, CEO of MotiveQuest and Fathom Research. "But what if people are liking your page to tell you that they hate you, as is the case with most cellular service providers. Our goal was to introduce a simple tool that could analyze Facebook data in a more sophisticated way in order to help people build deeper, more connected relationships."
The tool measures sentiment, so that brands can understand how a social networker is 'speaking' about a brand and from uses real-time Natural Language processing for better understanding of those interactions. The interactions are all measured in real-time so brands can quickly adjust or engage with a consumer through the social network.
How important is social networking? comScore researchers report social networking takes up 33% of the time spent online in Malaysia, for 1 in 5 minutes spent online in Australia and in the US social networking is so popular the mobile-social audience increased 37% between 2010 and 2011. Facebook is the king of the networks; according to Experian/Hitwise Facebook now has a 9% share of visits (week ending 12/3/11), leading all other websites.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...