News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most consumers would switch brands for a cause
Americans expect companies to do their bit for social issues and the economic good, found a survey by Cone Communications. Consequently, more than 9 out of 10 consumers were found to be more likely to switch to a brand or product that supports a social charity or cause.
Companies need to show support to causes that address social issues, says Cone Communications, by dipping their hands in their pockets. A whopping 94% of respondents to their survey said they would swap their usual brand for another that supported a local cause, assuming the price and quality were comparable.
Two-thirds (62%) claim to have purchased a product that supports a cause over the course of the last year, compared to 49% last year.
According to Cone Communications this purchase behavior is at an all time high since they began monitoring 18 years ago.
"Over the years, consumers have been increasingly expecting companies to support social causes," said Craig Bida, executive vice president of cause branding and non-profit marketing. "Now we're seeing Americans demand companies address issues by speaking with their wallets."
The intent is there. Ninety-one percent of respondents said, if given the chance, they would purchase a product or brand that supported a cause. Similarly, 81% said they would donate to a cause if it was supported by a company they trust.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...