News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most consumers would switch brands for a cause
Americans expect companies to do their bit for social issues and the economic good, found a survey by Cone Communications. Consequently, more than 9 out of 10 consumers were found to be more likely to switch to a brand or product that supports a social charity or cause.
Companies need to show support to causes that address social issues, says Cone Communications, by dipping their hands in their pockets. A whopping 94% of respondents to their survey said they would swap their usual brand for another that supported a local cause, assuming the price and quality were comparable.
Two-thirds (62%) claim to have purchased a product that supports a cause over the course of the last year, compared to 49% last year.
According to Cone Communications this purchase behavior is at an all time high since they began monitoring 18 years ago.
"Over the years, consumers have been increasingly expecting companies to support social causes," said Craig Bida, executive vice president of cause branding and non-profit marketing. "Now we're seeing Americans demand companies address issues by speaking with their wallets."
The intent is there. Ninety-one percent of respondents said, if given the chance, they would purchase a product or brand that supported a cause. Similarly, 81% said they would donate to a cause if it was supported by a company they trust.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...