News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most consumers would switch brands for a cause
Americans expect companies to do their bit for social issues and the economic good, found a survey by Cone Communications. Consequently, more than 9 out of 10 consumers were found to be more likely to switch to a brand or product that supports a social charity or cause.
Companies need to show support to causes that address social issues, says Cone Communications, by dipping their hands in their pockets. A whopping 94% of respondents to their survey said they would swap their usual brand for another that supported a local cause, assuming the price and quality were comparable.
Two-thirds (62%) claim to have purchased a product that supports a cause over the course of the last year, compared to 49% last year.
According to Cone Communications this purchase behavior is at an all time high since they began monitoring 18 years ago.
"Over the years, consumers have been increasingly expecting companies to support social causes," said Craig Bida, executive vice president of cause branding and non-profit marketing. "Now we're seeing Americans demand companies address issues by speaking with their wallets."
The intent is there. Ninety-one percent of respondents said, if given the chance, they would purchase a product or brand that supported a cause. Similarly, 81% said they would donate to a cause if it was supported by a company they trust.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...