News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most consumers would switch brands for a cause
Americans expect companies to do their bit for social issues and the economic good, found a survey by Cone Communications. Consequently, more than 9 out of 10 consumers were found to be more likely to switch to a brand or product that supports a social charity or cause.
Companies need to show support to causes that address social issues, says Cone Communications, by dipping their hands in their pockets. A whopping 94% of respondents to their survey said they would swap their usual brand for another that supported a local cause, assuming the price and quality were comparable.
Two-thirds (62%) claim to have purchased a product that supports a cause over the course of the last year, compared to 49% last year.
According to Cone Communications this purchase behavior is at an all time high since they began monitoring 18 years ago.
"Over the years, consumers have been increasingly expecting companies to support social causes," said Craig Bida, executive vice president of cause branding and non-profit marketing. "Now we're seeing Americans demand companies address issues by speaking with their wallets."
The intent is there. Ninety-one percent of respondents said, if given the chance, they would purchase a product or brand that supported a cause. Similarly, 81% said they would donate to a cause if it was supported by a company they trust.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...