News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most consumers would switch brands for a cause
Americans expect companies to do their bit for social issues and the economic good, found a survey by Cone Communications. Consequently, more than 9 out of 10 consumers were found to be more likely to switch to a brand or product that supports a social charity or cause.
Companies need to show support to causes that address social issues, says Cone Communications, by dipping their hands in their pockets. A whopping 94% of respondents to their survey said they would swap their usual brand for another that supported a local cause, assuming the price and quality were comparable.
Two-thirds (62%) claim to have purchased a product that supports a cause over the course of the last year, compared to 49% last year.
According to Cone Communications this purchase behavior is at an all time high since they began monitoring 18 years ago.
"Over the years, consumers have been increasingly expecting companies to support social causes," said Craig Bida, executive vice president of cause branding and non-profit marketing. "Now we're seeing Americans demand companies address issues by speaking with their wallets."
The intent is there. Ninety-one percent of respondents said, if given the chance, they would purchase a product or brand that supported a cause. Similarly, 81% said they would donate to a cause if it was supported by a company they trust.
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...