News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Marketers plan biggest 2012 budget increases for email marketing
The vast majority of marketers plan to increase the size of their marketing budgets in 2012. Almost two-thirds of executives surveyed by StrongMail cite email as the channel they plan to increase budgets for next year.
Most marketing executives, 92% to be exact, plan to increase or maintain current levels of marketing spend next year.
Out of the 939 executives surveyed 60% said they expect to raise their email marketing budgets in 2012, the top channel for increased spend. The top email marketing initiative for 2012 for 48% will be increasing subscriber engagement followed by improving segmentation and targeting (44%) and growing opt-in email lists (32%).
Email's measurability and accountability put it ahead of social, mobile and search, found StrongMail. Social budgets are to be increased by 54% of executives and 37% plan to increase mobile and search spend.
Recent research from Epsilon Targeting revealed consumers prefer to receive marketing messages from brands via direct mail rather than email. Despite this, 28% of respondents to StrongMail's survey said they will decrease spending on direct mail.
Tradeshow and event spending is also to be shrunk as cited by 23% of respondents.
While email marketing leads the pack in terms of increased investment in 2012, the data also reveals that marketers need to overcome key challenges around data integration and resource constraints," said Christopher Marriott, vice president of agency services at StrongMail.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...