News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Digital video ad spend to push $5b by 2016
By 2016, one forecast predicts digital video ad spending will reach $5.4 billion. From where will the additional ad cash come? About one-third (32%) is expected to be pulled from traditional television advertising, 45% from non-video display ad budgets.
The forecast, from Break Media, also predicts 90% of advertisers will use online video next year.
Meanwhile November numbers are in from comScore; researchers say 183 million Americans tuned in to online video in the month, watching more than 20 hours each. More than 40 billion clips, full length episodes and other content were viewed. Much of the content is served from Google/YouTube's site, but Vevo and Facebook are also pushing a fair share of video traffic.
As for ads, Hulu still reigns are the top ad-server with more than 1.32 billion video ads served; the platform reaches nearly 10% of video viewers. Tremor (21% reach, 1.07 billion ads served), Adap.tv (26% reach, 1.004 billion ads served) and BrightRoll (29% reach, 721 million ads served) are also top contenders.
"[O]nline video viewing has taken off in a big way and has become a fully integrated component of the digital content experience," said Dan Piech, comScore product manager for video. "With the introduction of comScore's global measurement of online video viewing, multinational media brands and advertisers can now gain a more comprehensive understanding of how online video reaches audiences around the world."
On a global scale October found 1.2 billion (age 15+) viewed more than 201 billion clips, with YouTube serving 2 of every 5 video clips.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...