News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Digital video ad spend to push $5b by 2016
By 2016, one forecast predicts digital video ad spending will reach $5.4 billion. From where will the additional ad cash come? About one-third (32%) is expected to be pulled from traditional television advertising, 45% from non-video display ad budgets.
The forecast, from Break Media, also predicts 90% of advertisers will use online video next year.
Meanwhile November numbers are in from comScore; researchers say 183 million Americans tuned in to online video in the month, watching more than 20 hours each. More than 40 billion clips, full length episodes and other content were viewed. Much of the content is served from Google/YouTube's site, but Vevo and Facebook are also pushing a fair share of video traffic.
As for ads, Hulu still reigns are the top ad-server with more than 1.32 billion video ads served; the platform reaches nearly 10% of video viewers. Tremor (21% reach, 1.07 billion ads served), Adap.tv (26% reach, 1.004 billion ads served) and BrightRoll (29% reach, 721 million ads served) are also top contenders.
"[O]nline video viewing has taken off in a big way and has become a fully integrated component of the digital content experience," said Dan Piech, comScore product manager for video. "With the introduction of comScore's global measurement of online video viewing, multinational media brands and advertisers can now gain a more comprehensive understanding of how online video reaches audiences around the world."
On a global scale October found 1.2 billion (age 15+) viewed more than 201 billion clips, with YouTube serving 2 of every 5 video clips.
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...