News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Digital video ad spend to push $5b by 2016
By 2016, one forecast predicts digital video ad spending will reach $5.4 billion. From where will the additional ad cash come? About one-third (32%) is expected to be pulled from traditional television advertising, 45% from non-video display ad budgets.
The forecast, from Break Media, also predicts 90% of advertisers will use online video next year.
Meanwhile November numbers are in from comScore; researchers say 183 million Americans tuned in to online video in the month, watching more than 20 hours each. More than 40 billion clips, full length episodes and other content were viewed. Much of the content is served from Google/YouTube's site, but Vevo and Facebook are also pushing a fair share of video traffic.
As for ads, Hulu still reigns are the top ad-server with more than 1.32 billion video ads served; the platform reaches nearly 10% of video viewers. Tremor (21% reach, 1.07 billion ads served), Adap.tv (26% reach, 1.004 billion ads served) and BrightRoll (29% reach, 721 million ads served) are also top contenders.
"[O]nline video viewing has taken off in a big way and has become a fully integrated component of the digital content experience," said Dan Piech, comScore product manager for video. "With the introduction of comScore's global measurement of online video viewing, multinational media brands and advertisers can now gain a more comprehensive understanding of how online video reaches audiences around the world."
On a global scale October found 1.2 billion (age 15+) viewed more than 201 billion clips, with YouTube serving 2 of every 5 video clips.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...