News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Digital video ad spend to push $5b by 2016
By 2016, one forecast predicts digital video ad spending will reach $5.4 billion. From where will the additional ad cash come? About one-third (32%) is expected to be pulled from traditional television advertising, 45% from non-video display ad budgets.
The forecast, from Break Media, also predicts 90% of advertisers will use online video next year.
Meanwhile November numbers are in from comScore; researchers say 183 million Americans tuned in to online video in the month, watching more than 20 hours each. More than 40 billion clips, full length episodes and other content were viewed. Much of the content is served from Google/YouTube's site, but Vevo and Facebook are also pushing a fair share of video traffic.
As for ads, Hulu still reigns are the top ad-server with more than 1.32 billion video ads served; the platform reaches nearly 10% of video viewers. Tremor (21% reach, 1.07 billion ads served), Adap.tv (26% reach, 1.004 billion ads served) and BrightRoll (29% reach, 721 million ads served) are also top contenders.
"[O]nline video viewing has taken off in a big way and has become a fully integrated component of the digital content experience," said Dan Piech, comScore product manager for video. "With the introduction of comScore's global measurement of online video viewing, multinational media brands and advertisers can now gain a more comprehensive understanding of how online video reaches audiences around the world."
On a global scale October found 1.2 billion (age 15+) viewed more than 201 billion clips, with YouTube serving 2 of every 5 video clips.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...