News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Digital video ad spend to push $5b by 2016
By 2016, one forecast predicts digital video ad spending will reach $5.4 billion. From where will the additional ad cash come? About one-third (32%) is expected to be pulled from traditional television advertising, 45% from non-video display ad budgets.
The forecast, from Break Media, also predicts 90% of advertisers will use online video next year.
Meanwhile November numbers are in from comScore; researchers say 183 million Americans tuned in to online video in the month, watching more than 20 hours each. More than 40 billion clips, full length episodes and other content were viewed. Much of the content is served from Google/YouTube's site, but Vevo and Facebook are also pushing a fair share of video traffic.
As for ads, Hulu still reigns are the top ad-server with more than 1.32 billion video ads served; the platform reaches nearly 10% of video viewers. Tremor (21% reach, 1.07 billion ads served), Adap.tv (26% reach, 1.004 billion ads served) and BrightRoll (29% reach, 721 million ads served) are also top contenders.
"[O]nline video viewing has taken off in a big way and has become a fully integrated component of the digital content experience," said Dan Piech, comScore product manager for video. "With the introduction of comScore's global measurement of online video viewing, multinational media brands and advertisers can now gain a more comprehensive understanding of how online video reaches audiences around the world."
On a global scale October found 1.2 billion (age 15+) viewed more than 201 billion clips, with YouTube serving 2 of every 5 video clips.
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...