News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Folloyu uses QR Codes to address online content abandonment
Today consumers divide their online time between a multitude of devices and the challenge to marketers is how to keep them engaged even when they need to switch to another device. New start-up Folloyu has an interesting "continuous browsing" solution using QR Codes.
So your potential customer is browsing through your website on a PC, perhaps they've even put items into a shopping cart, when they're suddenly called away. They could bookmark the page they were on but what if they want to continue with the task at hand?
Using a new, free program called Folloyu your customers can seamlessly move from one device to another while continuing whatever they have started doing from exactly the point where they left off. The program goes some way to eliminate content abandonment and enables a seamless transition from one device to another.
How is this done? With QR Codes. When a Folloyu user decides to switch from PC to mobile they scan a QR Code provided on a pop-up tab. Even if a customer has logged-on on one device and switched to another they will remain logged in on whichever device they are on.
"Ultimately we hope to change the way online users consume their content and how website owners engage their audience," Folloyu founder and CEO Alfred Shaffir told Bizreport. "Our vision is to make the online environment seamless between devices thus prolonging the time spent on site using the abundance of mobile devices around us."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...