News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Folloyu uses QR Codes to address online content abandonment
Today consumers divide their online time between a multitude of devices and the challenge to marketers is how to keep them engaged even when they need to switch to another device. New start-up Folloyu has an interesting "continuous browsing" solution using QR Codes.
So your potential customer is browsing through your website on a PC, perhaps they've even put items into a shopping cart, when they're suddenly called away. They could bookmark the page they were on but what if they want to continue with the task at hand?
Using a new, free program called Folloyu your customers can seamlessly move from one device to another while continuing whatever they have started doing from exactly the point where they left off. The program goes some way to eliminate content abandonment and enables a seamless transition from one device to another.
How is this done? With QR Codes. When a Folloyu user decides to switch from PC to mobile they scan a QR Code provided on a pop-up tab. Even if a customer has logged-on on one device and switched to another they will remain logged in on whichever device they are on.
"Ultimately we hope to change the way online users consume their content and how website owners engage their audience," Folloyu founder and CEO Alfred Shaffir told Bizreport. "Our vision is to make the online environment seamless between devices thus prolonging the time spent on site using the abundance of mobile devices around us."
- Survey: Productivity software helping SMBs communicate
- How to use community Q&A to increase your reach
- How to use organic social posts to reach non-fans
- Keyword carelessness inhibiting UK travel brands' discoverability in App Store
- Android ahead of iOS in mobile ad traffic
- BrightRoll, Marketron announcements offer more measurement
- Study: SMBs turning to multi-channel to engage
- Young adults more likely to Facebook their dining experience than review it
Featured White Papers
- "Abandon Cart Emails" - Why We Don't Buy
For this paper, sponsored by Magento and Bronto Software, over 1,000 online shoppers were surveyed about their awareness of shopping...
- Learn 5 Ways the Cloud Will Enhance Your Professional Life in 2014
In 2013, we finally understood the cloud. Now we're ready to make the most of it. Online file sharing can...
- Users Hate to Wait: 8 Timely Tips for Speeding Up Your Website
Statistic after statistic shows that even a millisecond delay on your website can prevent you from converting customers, cost a...