News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video ad consumption increases
According to comScore Americans streamed just over 21 hours of content in October; Google continued to drive online viewing with more than 160 million unique viewers watching just over 424 minutes each. The big news, though, sets with video advertising. Americans watched more than 7 billion video ads for the month, most over Hulu's platform (46 ads per viewer, 557 million ad minutes).
High though the numbers are, video ads still account for less than 20% of time spent with video, indicating more room for advertisers to sponsor content.
Which shows are the most engaging? General Sentiment's TV Audience Evaluation Report finds most consumers feel involved with 'Dancing with the Stars', 'Glee' and 'The X Factor' (November 21-27). Dramas are also ranking high, with 'NCIS', 'House' and 'Dexter' finding high engagement with viewers as well. General Sentiment ranks 'involvement' as the amount of discussion or word-of-mouth generated online for programs.
A new release from YuMe could set some marketer's minds at ease. Called the YuMe ACE Relevance Engine, the platform helps brands make the most of each impression by reporting back information like player size, player coordinates and the viewing area; it serves contextually relevant ads to viewers.
"Ad Visibility technology is not only critical for advertisers to run successful video ad campaigns in which their ads are always visible, it is also necessary to provide advertisers and publishers with accurate brand performance metrics," said Jayant Kadambi, YuMe CEO. "The Connected Audience Network is the only video ad network in the market that delivers all the essentials of video advertising for brands."
The platform also delivers ads to brand-safe content and works to ensure ads can be seen across devices.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...