News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video ad consumption increases
According to comScore Americans streamed just over 21 hours of content in October; Google continued to drive online viewing with more than 160 million unique viewers watching just over 424 minutes each. The big news, though, sets with video advertising. Americans watched more than 7 billion video ads for the month, most over Hulu's platform (46 ads per viewer, 557 million ad minutes).
High though the numbers are, video ads still account for less than 20% of time spent with video, indicating more room for advertisers to sponsor content.
Which shows are the most engaging? General Sentiment's TV Audience Evaluation Report finds most consumers feel involved with 'Dancing with the Stars', 'Glee' and 'The X Factor' (November 21-27). Dramas are also ranking high, with 'NCIS', 'House' and 'Dexter' finding high engagement with viewers as well. General Sentiment ranks 'involvement' as the amount of discussion or word-of-mouth generated online for programs.
A new release from YuMe could set some marketer's minds at ease. Called the YuMe ACE Relevance Engine, the platform helps brands make the most of each impression by reporting back information like player size, player coordinates and the viewing area; it serves contextually relevant ads to viewers.
"Ad Visibility technology is not only critical for advertisers to run successful video ad campaigns in which their ads are always visible, it is also necessary to provide advertisers and publishers with accurate brand performance metrics," said Jayant Kadambi, YuMe CEO. "The Connected Audience Network is the only video ad network in the market that delivers all the essentials of video advertising for brands."
The platform also delivers ads to brand-safe content and works to ensure ads can be seen across devices.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...