News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video ad consumption increases
According to comScore Americans streamed just over 21 hours of content in October; Google continued to drive online viewing with more than 160 million unique viewers watching just over 424 minutes each. The big news, though, sets with video advertising. Americans watched more than 7 billion video ads for the month, most over Hulu's platform (46 ads per viewer, 557 million ad minutes).
High though the numbers are, video ads still account for less than 20% of time spent with video, indicating more room for advertisers to sponsor content.
Which shows are the most engaging? General Sentiment's TV Audience Evaluation Report finds most consumers feel involved with 'Dancing with the Stars', 'Glee' and 'The X Factor' (November 21-27). Dramas are also ranking high, with 'NCIS', 'House' and 'Dexter' finding high engagement with viewers as well. General Sentiment ranks 'involvement' as the amount of discussion or word-of-mouth generated online for programs.
A new release from YuMe could set some marketer's minds at ease. Called the YuMe ACE Relevance Engine, the platform helps brands make the most of each impression by reporting back information like player size, player coordinates and the viewing area; it serves contextually relevant ads to viewers.
"Ad Visibility technology is not only critical for advertisers to run successful video ad campaigns in which their ads are always visible, it is also necessary to provide advertisers and publishers with accurate brand performance metrics," said Jayant Kadambi, YuMe CEO. "The Connected Audience Network is the only video ad network in the market that delivers all the essentials of video advertising for brands."
The platform also delivers ads to brand-safe content and works to ensure ads can be seen across devices.
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
- Apps are asking users for too much personal data and providing too little privacy information
- Facebook statuses - now you see them, now you don't
- Expert: SMBs banking on themselves
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...