News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Two tools to monitor behaviors to target ads
With the holidays fast approaching it may be too late to do much more research into your ad metrics, but looking ahead to 2012 there are things you can do to increase campaign ROI. Two new releases may help brands get a better handle on the metrics of campaigns by monitoring consumer behaviors and using that information to target ads.
Tribal Fusion is banking on the doppleganger effect to help ads engage the consumer base. Their new release, available across their Canadian network, targets based on audience interest sets. Look-alike for Brand uses their audience profiling technology to identify specific interest sets and then targets ads to other consumers based on their similar interests.
"Look-alike modeling transforms the way online brand campaigns are planned and bought. Currently, advertisers determine their target audience, either by demographics or user interests, and then buy sites and audiences that most closely match that target," said Doug Conely, senior director of data and targeting at Tribal Fusion. "Look-alike modeling instead starts with the brand audience, site visitors for example, and then builds scale by finding users that 'look like' that audience."
For example, if Consumer A is shows an affinity for content about the Xbox Kinect console, and they have recently or historically been Ford automotive customers, Ford could then make the connection that other consumers reading the same content might also be interested in their vehicles and would then target ads based on that interest.
And, from ClickTale, exportable data to help brands analyze user behavior. This week the hub released a tool that allows businesses to identify and analyze behavioral data, for instance how a mouse moved across the screen, how a user clicked or scrolled through information, etc., to help with optimization efforts. Using their Advanced Filtering software, brands can use more than 23 customizable filters to build user segments.
Through the platform brands can:
• Profile specific campaign visitors to determine commonalities, visit times/actions and referrals
• Create anonymous visitor IDs to track group behaviors
• Use Event API to determine which site elements are most engaging to visitors
The data can be exported to CSV and PDF formats for use offline; more formats will be available in 2012.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...