News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
The best time to release digital coupons
When it comes to digital coupons, timing is everything. No surprise, really. There is a reason more coupons are released for the ingredients for pumpkin pie during the holidays for offline shoppers - because they're in-market for those items. A new study finds the best time for digital coupon release is Wednesday morning.
According to RevTrax, releasing digital coupons at 8AM Wednesday's results in a nearly 20% increase in that coupon being printed. RevTrax also found that most coupons, generally, are printed on Wednesdays and Thursdays, Monday and Tuesday coupon releases are the least likely to be printed.
Other interesting findings include:
• Digital coupon conversion rates are highest for those viewed and printed 8AM-5PM
• Monday-Friday, coupons are most likely to be printed between 8AM-10AM and 12PM-4PM
• Consumers are most likely to print coupons at work
"Digital coupons are known to boost in-store sales, but measuring the impact of any online promotion on offline sales has long been an inexact science," said Jonathan Treiber, co-founder and CEO, RevTrax. "The RevTrax day and time study is a big step in helping advertisers learn how to optimize the impact of digital media to drive more coupon prints. This insight is critical for advertisers aiming to drive promotion ROI and increase in-store sales."
According to Coupon Craze 94% of online shoppers will look for coupons/discounts before shopping on Cyber Monday; most of these will be looking for deals on electronics, apparel or health/beauty items.
Mobile devices are making it simpler for shoppers to find coupons - either for online or offline purchases. For example, iBuildApp's recent release gives businesses the ability to create and manage mobile coupons as well as social networking integrations.
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...