News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
YuMe releases new video products
Pre-roll is the king of video advertising and has been for some time; new ad unit releases from YuMe won't change the fact that most advertisers use pre-roll, but may change how pre-roll units are used within the video space. The ad formats allow advertisers to immediately measure campaigns for engagement, social interactions (sharing, liking, following), purchase intent and other metrics.
Although television isn't going away, viewers are shifting the way they watch. Rather than tuning in at 8PM on a Monday to see an episode, they are DVRing episodes to watch later at night or shifting their entire viewing to online/mobile applications.
"YuMe interactive video ad units are designed to leverage the powerful medium of the connected devices - PC, Mobile, Tablet, Connected TVs - as they allow for immediate response and brand performance measurement," said Scot McLernon, YuMe Chief Revenue Officer. "[These] 100% interactive ad products help brand advertisers get the most out of their investment as opposed to plain pre-rolls that replicate a TV-like experience."
The formats include:
• Pre-Roll Ads - an enhancement of traditional pre-roll ads, supporting up to three interactivity options
• Ready-Made Ads - pre-roll with in-player web API options including Twitter, Google, etc.
• Custom-Made Ads - ads made to order with 'massive interaction' and branding options
"Brand marketers are increasingly looking to reach audiences via video ads across all screens and understanding how viewers are engaging on those different delivery mediums," said McLernon. "Allowing for sharing of video ads on social networks . . . helps a brand's video ad campaign go viral without paying a single dime for those incremental impressions on social networks. Yet, impressions driven by friend/colleague/community recommendations on social networks are priceless."
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....