News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TravelClick: Hotels to invest more in mobile, social marketing
As increasing numbers of consumers pack the power of a smartphone in their pocket the travel industry has taken notice. Hotels, in particular, are investing more in mobile website and social media initiatives.
A new poll by TravelClick reveals that half of hoteliers around the globe intend to invest more marketing dollars in mobile marketing, mobile websites and increased staffing to support social channels next year.
Around a quarter (24%) of the 455 hoteliers surveyed intend to keep mobile marketing spending levels in 2012 the same as this year and just 3% will decrease spend. Some 22.5% of hoteliers have no mobile website or strategies in place and have no intention of implementing any next year.
"Not only are hoteliers increasing budgets for mobile websites and marketing, but they are also increasing staff in areas such as social media," said Jason Ewell, Senior Vice President, E-Commerce, TravelClick.
"Hoteliers are recognizing how important mobile and social media are to guests, and they have begun to put more resources towards creating and maintaining these channels through staff additions and marketing increases," he added.
Of the 50% of hoteliers planning to increase staffing levels, 30% indicated they intend hiring staff to perform social media roles.
Recent research from performance marketing company Efficient Frontier found that click-through rates for travel searches on mobile are 61% higher than from other Internet connections. However, conversion rates were 49% lower than from a fixed-line computer, indicating that mobile searches are conducted to research travel information rather than with intent to purchase.
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...