News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
TravelClick: Hotels to invest more in mobile, social marketing
As increasing numbers of consumers pack the power of a smartphone in their pocket the travel industry has taken notice. Hotels, in particular, are investing more in mobile website and social media initiatives.
A new poll by TravelClick reveals that half of hoteliers around the globe intend to invest more marketing dollars in mobile marketing, mobile websites and increased staffing to support social channels next year.
Around a quarter (24%) of the 455 hoteliers surveyed intend to keep mobile marketing spending levels in 2012 the same as this year and just 3% will decrease spend. Some 22.5% of hoteliers have no mobile website or strategies in place and have no intention of implementing any next year.
"Not only are hoteliers increasing budgets for mobile websites and marketing, but they are also increasing staff in areas such as social media," said Jason Ewell, Senior Vice President, E-Commerce, TravelClick.
"Hoteliers are recognizing how important mobile and social media are to guests, and they have begun to put more resources towards creating and maintaining these channels through staff additions and marketing increases," he added.
Of the 50% of hoteliers planning to increase staffing levels, 30% indicated they intend hiring staff to perform social media roles.
Recent research from performance marketing company Efficient Frontier found that click-through rates for travel searches on mobile are 61% higher than from other Internet connections. However, conversion rates were 49% lower than from a fixed-line computer, indicating that mobile searches are conducted to research travel information rather than with intent to purchase.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...