News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research: Android users more 'app loyal'
Hey mobile marketers, back away from the iPhone for one minute and check out some new research released by Fiksu. It shows that Android users are much more app loyal than their iOS-using counterparts.
When mobile app firm Fiksu analyzed 4 billion actions on its platform it discovered that, contrary to popular belief, Android users are twice as likely as iOS users to open an app 10 times or more.
So, while iOS users have been touted as spending more on apps, it is actually the Android users who are more 'app loyal'. Perhaps iOS users are more frivolous spenders or maybe Android users, who find it harder to find apps, prefer to stick with those they are familiar with.
"Clearly, mobile app marketers need to take a closer look at the opportunity that an Android app presents," writes Craig Palli, VP of business development at Fiksu.
"There's evidently a lot of headroom and opportunity to cost-effectively acquire volumes of loyal app users on Android. Bottom line: If you haven't considered running campaigns on Android, now is a good time to start thinking about it."
Last year 7.4 billion apps were downloaded but this year that figure is set to hit 18 billion. According to a recent forecast from Ovum, Android users will download the lion's share of apps in 2011, beating out iOS users for the first time, consuming 8.1 billion downloads versus 6 billion.
- Report: Customers are mobile, retailers are not
- Forecasts: Programmatic, Native on the up
- Top 4 tips to a strong subscription strategy
- Amazon develops game-changing grocery store
- Mobile ecoupons to drive significant rise in redemption rates
- Report: Biggest engagement not happening Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- Expert: How to determine what goes in a subscription box
- Expert IDs how retailers can make more this holiday
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...