News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research: Android users more 'app loyal'
Hey mobile marketers, back away from the iPhone for one minute and check out some new research released by Fiksu. It shows that Android users are much more app loyal than their iOS-using counterparts.
When mobile app firm Fiksu analyzed 4 billion actions on its platform it discovered that, contrary to popular belief, Android users are twice as likely as iOS users to open an app 10 times or more.
So, while iOS users have been touted as spending more on apps, it is actually the Android users who are more 'app loyal'. Perhaps iOS users are more frivolous spenders or maybe Android users, who find it harder to find apps, prefer to stick with those they are familiar with.
"Clearly, mobile app marketers need to take a closer look at the opportunity that an Android app presents," writes Craig Palli, VP of business development at Fiksu.
"There's evidently a lot of headroom and opportunity to cost-effectively acquire volumes of loyal app users on Android. Bottom line: If you haven't considered running campaigns on Android, now is a good time to start thinking about it."
Last year 7.4 billion apps were downloaded but this year that figure is set to hit 18 billion. According to a recent forecast from Ovum, Android users will download the lion's share of apps in 2011, beating out iOS users for the first time, consuming 8.1 billion downloads versus 6 billion.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...