News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: On-site search pushing clicks
High search query results - numbers one through twenty, typically - get the most attention from people using engines like Google or Yahoo. But, similar results are now being found with on-site retail searches, too. According to the Searchandise report about 66% of clicks happen within the top twenty results from retail site searches.
The top three returned results account for 33% of clicks on retail websites according to Searchandise.
"Retail sites have emerged as strong media vehicles giving advertisers access to the ultimate in true behavioral targeting. After all, who is more important to influence than the consumer researching TVs on a retail site?" said John Federman, president and CEO, Searchandise Commerce. "Further, this research identifies the payback for retailers who have invested deeply to make their sites relied upon resources for consumers. The fact that the clicks are distributed more evenly than on paid search engines makes sense - retailers are delivering search results that are relevant with product selections and shopper intent."
As for how off-site search engines are pushing traffic, Google remains a dominant force, accounting for 66% of queries according to Experian/Hitwise. Longer search queries are gaining momentum, however, with Experian's data findings queries of eight or more words increasing by about 3% (August to September).
What this means for retail sites is that on-site search is as important if not moreso than SEM campaigns placed with engines like Google, Bing or Yahoo. Online merchants need to optimize the content on their sites - from product specifications and images to sales information - so that consumers who land on-site get the search results they need while in the store.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...