News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Brands pushing more into social media
2011 may be best remembered as the year brands embraced social marketing. Of course, the year isn't over yet but new research finds most brands utilizing the Facebook, Twitter and YouTube platforms to engage an increasingly social consumer base.
What is perhaps most surprising about the findings is that brands aren't noting large sales through social media, but they are building buzz about products, increasing brand recognition and obtaining more insight into consumers.
Which platforms are most used? Brand respondents report Facebook (94%), Twitter (77%) and YouTube (42%) as their top social media priorities.
• 81% of brands want to measure social brand advocacy
• 90% believe social metrics should be adapted campaign to campaign
• 89% use social media because of its interactivity
• 96% use social media for advertising/promotions
• 88% say 'public relations' are where they see the most benefit from social media
What does social media offer that other ad options don't? The ability to not only track campaign metrics - clicks, opens, etc. - while also monitoring brand engagement through social sharing features. Yes, all types of advertising can be measured but it is harder with display, rich media or video ad formats to determine if the consumer was engaged with the message or simply going through the motions. Added to that, brands can 'listen' to what consumers are saying, both positive and negative, about a product or campaign and make adjustments as needed.
The key, of course, is to tailor social media according to the campaign - the launch of a new product in May, for example, should be approached in a different manner than the launch of a product over the holiday season.
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...