News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Brands pushing more into social media
2011 may be best remembered as the year brands embraced social marketing. Of course, the year isn't over yet but new research finds most brands utilizing the Facebook, Twitter and YouTube platforms to engage an increasingly social consumer base.
What is perhaps most surprising about the findings is that brands aren't noting large sales through social media, but they are building buzz about products, increasing brand recognition and obtaining more insight into consumers.
Which platforms are most used? Brand respondents report Facebook (94%), Twitter (77%) and YouTube (42%) as their top social media priorities.
• 81% of brands want to measure social brand advocacy
• 90% believe social metrics should be adapted campaign to campaign
• 89% use social media because of its interactivity
• 96% use social media for advertising/promotions
• 88% say 'public relations' are where they see the most benefit from social media
What does social media offer that other ad options don't? The ability to not only track campaign metrics - clicks, opens, etc. - while also monitoring brand engagement through social sharing features. Yes, all types of advertising can be measured but it is harder with display, rich media or video ad formats to determine if the consumer was engaged with the message or simply going through the motions. Added to that, brands can 'listen' to what consumers are saying, both positive and negative, about a product or campaign and make adjustments as needed.
The key, of course, is to tailor social media according to the campaign - the launch of a new product in May, for example, should be approached in a different manner than the launch of a product over the holiday season.
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...