News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online workspace, business platforms heating up
As both small and large businesses look for ways to cut costs and maximize work time, many are turning to telecommuters or freelancers and online business platforms to fill the void. From cloud-based phone services to per-contract employees, these online leads are helping businesses push back into the black.
New data from Freelancer.com, one of the largest freelance websites, many businesses are looking for writing services online with postings for ghostwriters, reviewers and bloggers up between 15-20%, but they are also looking for workers adept at social networking, app development and website coding/writing.
Meanwhile Families and Work Institute is reporting most Americans (87%) want more flexible work schedules while less than 3% are currently telecommuting. Through their research, they found that 35% of Americans are 'more engaged' with their job and 76% were more satisfied with their job when offered some flexibility. Employees with more flexible work environments were also found to be less likely to look for another job.
According to eVoice stats mobile app voicemail retrieval is up 180% from the first half of 2010 through the first half of 2011; most of their traffic is sent from Apple products - iPad/iPhone.
"It's clear that entrepreneurs are continuing to embrace virtual phone services while also taking advantage of mobile applications to help run their businesses," said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "This usage data underscores how cloud services, such as eVoice, are essential for bringing today's entrepreneur the mobility, scalability, and efficiency advantages of the cloud."
The eVoice platform helps SMBs stay in contact with customers while controlling the costs associate with phone services.
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...