News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online workspace, business platforms heating up
As both small and large businesses look for ways to cut costs and maximize work time, many are turning to telecommuters or freelancers and online business platforms to fill the void. From cloud-based phone services to per-contract employees, these online leads are helping businesses push back into the black.
New data from Freelancer.com, one of the largest freelance websites, many businesses are looking for writing services online with postings for ghostwriters, reviewers and bloggers up between 15-20%, but they are also looking for workers adept at social networking, app development and website coding/writing.
Meanwhile Families and Work Institute is reporting most Americans (87%) want more flexible work schedules while less than 3% are currently telecommuting. Through their research, they found that 35% of Americans are 'more engaged' with their job and 76% were more satisfied with their job when offered some flexibility. Employees with more flexible work environments were also found to be less likely to look for another job.
According to eVoice stats mobile app voicemail retrieval is up 180% from the first half of 2010 through the first half of 2011; most of their traffic is sent from Apple products - iPad/iPhone.
"It's clear that entrepreneurs are continuing to embrace virtual phone services while also taking advantage of mobile applications to help run their businesses," said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "This usage data underscores how cloud services, such as eVoice, are essential for bringing today's entrepreneur the mobility, scalability, and efficiency advantages of the cloud."
The eVoice platform helps SMBs stay in contact with customers while controlling the costs associate with phone services.
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...