News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online workspace, business platforms heating up
As both small and large businesses look for ways to cut costs and maximize work time, many are turning to telecommuters or freelancers and online business platforms to fill the void. From cloud-based phone services to per-contract employees, these online leads are helping businesses push back into the black.
New data from Freelancer.com, one of the largest freelance websites, many businesses are looking for writing services online with postings for ghostwriters, reviewers and bloggers up between 15-20%, but they are also looking for workers adept at social networking, app development and website coding/writing.
Meanwhile Families and Work Institute is reporting most Americans (87%) want more flexible work schedules while less than 3% are currently telecommuting. Through their research, they found that 35% of Americans are 'more engaged' with their job and 76% were more satisfied with their job when offered some flexibility. Employees with more flexible work environments were also found to be less likely to look for another job.
According to eVoice stats mobile app voicemail retrieval is up 180% from the first half of 2010 through the first half of 2011; most of their traffic is sent from Apple products - iPad/iPhone.
"It's clear that entrepreneurs are continuing to embrace virtual phone services while also taking advantage of mobile applications to help run their businesses," said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "This usage data underscores how cloud services, such as eVoice, are essential for bringing today's entrepreneur the mobility, scalability, and efficiency advantages of the cloud."
The eVoice platform helps SMBs stay in contact with customers while controlling the costs associate with phone services.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...