News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Online workspace, business platforms heating up
As both small and large businesses look for ways to cut costs and maximize work time, many are turning to telecommuters or freelancers and online business platforms to fill the void. From cloud-based phone services to per-contract employees, these online leads are helping businesses push back into the black.
New data from Freelancer.com, one of the largest freelance websites, many businesses are looking for writing services online with postings for ghostwriters, reviewers and bloggers up between 15-20%, but they are also looking for workers adept at social networking, app development and website coding/writing.
Meanwhile Families and Work Institute is reporting most Americans (87%) want more flexible work schedules while less than 3% are currently telecommuting. Through their research, they found that 35% of Americans are 'more engaged' with their job and 76% were more satisfied with their job when offered some flexibility. Employees with more flexible work environments were also found to be less likely to look for another job.
According to eVoice stats mobile app voicemail retrieval is up 180% from the first half of 2010 through the first half of 2011; most of their traffic is sent from Apple products - iPad/iPhone.
"It's clear that entrepreneurs are continuing to embrace virtual phone services while also taking advantage of mobile applications to help run their businesses," said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "This usage data underscores how cloud services, such as eVoice, are essential for bringing today's entrepreneur the mobility, scalability, and efficiency advantages of the cloud."
The eVoice platform helps SMBs stay in contact with customers while controlling the costs associate with phone services.
- Videos best for Facebook reach, but don't ditch the photos
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...