News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Heinz UK launches personalized Get Well Soup promo on Facebook
Many northern hemisphere readers are heading into cooler days of autumn and winter and, as temps dip and winter bugs make themselves known with sniffles and coughs what better time that to launch personlized tins of comforting Heinz Get Well Soup.
Heinz is at it again. Having previously launched various personalized food products such as mustard and ketchup the brand is now allowing their British fans to personalize the labels on cans of their favorite soups to send to family and friends.
Touted as the ultimate comfort food, Heinz's own research has found that over half of Brits turn to soup when feeling off color. The new personalized soup cans are designed so that friends and family can cheer up their sickly soul mates with a personalized message on the can label.
The personalized cans, available in two flavors - cream of chicken and cream of tomato - may be created, previewed and bought via Heinz's Facebook app. The promotion is only available to Fans of their Page and will be promoted via ads on the social network.
The promotion was posted to Heinz's Facebook Page wall yesterday and attracted mostly positive comments from the brand's followers. Comments on the high price ($1.30 including postage and packaging) for a tin of personalized soup were countered by the brand's Facebook Page admin who said, "cheaper than buying someone flowers if they're not feeling well".
"Because Facebook is a place people choose to engage with our brand, we want to be there. Soup can be an emotive product and Facebook taps into that," Matthew Cullum, Heinz Soup marketing controller, told NewMediaAge.
"Our use of these channels doesn't replace TV, but it is a great compliment to it because it allows the consumer to spread the word and they engage more than they would with traditional channels such as TV or Radio," he said.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...