News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Heinz UK launches personalized Get Well Soup promo on Facebook
Many northern hemisphere readers are heading into cooler days of autumn and winter and, as temps dip and winter bugs make themselves known with sniffles and coughs what better time that to launch personlized tins of comforting Heinz Get Well Soup.
Heinz is at it again. Having previously launched various personalized food products such as mustard and ketchup the brand is now allowing their British fans to personalize the labels on cans of their favorite soups to send to family and friends.
Touted as the ultimate comfort food, Heinz's own research has found that over half of Brits turn to soup when feeling off color. The new personalized soup cans are designed so that friends and family can cheer up their sickly soul mates with a personalized message on the can label.
The personalized cans, available in two flavors - cream of chicken and cream of tomato - may be created, previewed and bought via Heinz's Facebook app. The promotion is only available to Fans of their Page and will be promoted via ads on the social network.
The promotion was posted to Heinz's Facebook Page wall yesterday and attracted mostly positive comments from the brand's followers. Comments on the high price ($1.30 including postage and packaging) for a tin of personalized soup were countered by the brand's Facebook Page admin who said, "cheaper than buying someone flowers if they're not feeling well".
"Because Facebook is a place people choose to engage with our brand, we want to be there. Soup can be an emotive product and Facebook taps into that," Matthew Cullum, Heinz Soup marketing controller, told NewMediaAge.
"Our use of these channels doesn't replace TV, but it is a great compliment to it because it allows the consumer to spread the word and they engage more than they would with traditional channels such as TV or Radio," he said.
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...