News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Digital Omnivores' consume digital content via several touchpoints
Remember when it was super cool just to be able to listen to music while on the go, Walkman clipped on the waistband, earphones plugged in? Consumers want so much more while on the go in today's hectic, digital societies and, as comScore's latest figures show, they're getting it.
Today people want to plug in more than just earphones when out and about. They want to plug in to social networks, a video, make phone calls, find nearby stores, text friends, call up various entertainment media, play games or go... geocaching.
They want apps that inform and engage or that are useful to a task in hand. They want to use vouchers and coupons, enter competitions, browse products, scan barcodes, check reviews, compare prices and even make purchases.
And that's why smartphones and tablets have become such an integral part of users' day to day lives, unchaining them from desks and kiosks, and why mobile devices are driving digital traffic around the world.
Today, 116 million Americans - half the total US mobile population - uses mobile media such as apps and downloads and the mobile Internet. That's a 19% increase on last year, according to comScore.
Nearly 7% of all American Internet traffic now comes from mobile device users, both smartphones and tablets, according to comScore's latest findings. Consumers have become 'digital omnivores' grazing on different digital touchpoints during the course of their day.
"In order to meet the needs of these consumers, advertisers and publishers must learn to navigate this new landscape so they develop cross-platform strategies to effectively engage their audiences," said Mark Donovan, comScore's senior vice president of mobile, said in a statement.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...