News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Digital Omnivores' consume digital content via several touchpoints
Remember when it was super cool just to be able to listen to music while on the go, Walkman clipped on the waistband, earphones plugged in? Consumers want so much more while on the go in today's hectic, digital societies and, as comScore's latest figures show, they're getting it.
Today people want to plug in more than just earphones when out and about. They want to plug in to social networks, a video, make phone calls, find nearby stores, text friends, call up various entertainment media, play games or go... geocaching.
They want apps that inform and engage or that are useful to a task in hand. They want to use vouchers and coupons, enter competitions, browse products, scan barcodes, check reviews, compare prices and even make purchases.
And that's why smartphones and tablets have become such an integral part of users' day to day lives, unchaining them from desks and kiosks, and why mobile devices are driving digital traffic around the world.
Today, 116 million Americans - half the total US mobile population - uses mobile media such as apps and downloads and the mobile Internet. That's a 19% increase on last year, according to comScore.
Nearly 7% of all American Internet traffic now comes from mobile device users, both smartphones and tablets, according to comScore's latest findings. Consumers have become 'digital omnivores' grazing on different digital touchpoints during the course of their day.
"In order to meet the needs of these consumers, advertisers and publishers must learn to navigate this new landscape so they develop cross-platform strategies to effectively engage their audiences," said Mark Donovan, comScore's senior vice president of mobile, said in a statement.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...