News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Digital Omnivores' consume digital content via several touchpoints
Remember when it was super cool just to be able to listen to music while on the go, Walkman clipped on the waistband, earphones plugged in? Consumers want so much more while on the go in today's hectic, digital societies and, as comScore's latest figures show, they're getting it.
Today people want to plug in more than just earphones when out and about. They want to plug in to social networks, a video, make phone calls, find nearby stores, text friends, call up various entertainment media, play games or go... geocaching.
They want apps that inform and engage or that are useful to a task in hand. They want to use vouchers and coupons, enter competitions, browse products, scan barcodes, check reviews, compare prices and even make purchases.
And that's why smartphones and tablets have become such an integral part of users' day to day lives, unchaining them from desks and kiosks, and why mobile devices are driving digital traffic around the world.
Today, 116 million Americans - half the total US mobile population - uses mobile media such as apps and downloads and the mobile Internet. That's a 19% increase on last year, according to comScore.
Nearly 7% of all American Internet traffic now comes from mobile device users, both smartphones and tablets, according to comScore's latest findings. Consumers have become 'digital omnivores' grazing on different digital touchpoints during the course of their day.
"In order to meet the needs of these consumers, advertisers and publishers must learn to navigate this new landscape so they develop cross-platform strategies to effectively engage their audiences," said Mark Donovan, comScore's senior vice president of mobile, said in a statement.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...