News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
'Digital Omnivores' consume digital content via several touchpoints
Remember when it was super cool just to be able to listen to music while on the go, Walkman clipped on the waistband, earphones plugged in? Consumers want so much more while on the go in today's hectic, digital societies and, as comScore's latest figures show, they're getting it.
Today people want to plug in more than just earphones when out and about. They want to plug in to social networks, a video, make phone calls, find nearby stores, text friends, call up various entertainment media, play games or go... geocaching.
They want apps that inform and engage or that are useful to a task in hand. They want to use vouchers and coupons, enter competitions, browse products, scan barcodes, check reviews, compare prices and even make purchases.
And that's why smartphones and tablets have become such an integral part of users' day to day lives, unchaining them from desks and kiosks, and why mobile devices are driving digital traffic around the world.
Today, 116 million Americans - half the total US mobile population - uses mobile media such as apps and downloads and the mobile Internet. That's a 19% increase on last year, according to comScore.
Nearly 7% of all American Internet traffic now comes from mobile device users, both smartphones and tablets, according to comScore's latest findings. Consumers have become 'digital omnivores' grazing on different digital touchpoints during the course of their day.
"In order to meet the needs of these consumers, advertisers and publishers must learn to navigate this new landscape so they develop cross-platform strategies to effectively engage their audiences," said Mark Donovan, comScore's senior vice president of mobile, said in a statement.
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- Build Your Business Case For Social Selling
Are you ready to build your business case for social selling? Do you need some help? Download this PowerPoint deck...
- The High Cost of Free: Does Online Video Quality Influence Consumer Perception of your Brand?
6 Billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube .... That's almost 1 hour for every person on...