News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore reports huge rise in mobile banking app use
New figures released by comScore show that more and more Americans are embracing mobile banking, particularly via the use of apps.
The number of Americans using their smartphone or tablet to access personal banking information rose 21% between Q4 2010 and Q2 2011, according to figures released last week by comScore.
Overall almost 33 million Americans used their mobiles for banking, almost 14% of all US mobile users.
The use of mobile banking apps, in particular, showed significant growth rising 45% to 12.7 million users by the end of June 2011.
"The investments in mobile made by financial services institutions, along with the continued growth in smartphone adoption, have had a truly positive effect on the use of mobile financial services," said comScore's vice president for Marketing Solutions, Sarah Lenart.
"New apps and mobile-enhanced sites have made it easier for customers to seek out financial information using mobile devices. With tablets and other web-enabled connected devices gaining popularity in addition to smartphones, financial service institutions are poised for additional growth in mobile access."
Mobile banking is also taking off across the pond in the UK. Earlier this year (July) research by mobile web and app specialists Antenna found that approximately 25% of mobile Internet users in the UK now use mobile banking. That research revealed that it is the younger demographics driving the adoption of mobile banking in the UK; 30% of 18-24 year old and 33% of 25-34 year old mobile Internet users compared to 13% of over 55s.
"Mobile banking has now taken hold," said Jim Hemmer, CEO of Antenna. "The public clearly want to fit their banking chores around their lives and not their lives around their banking chores, and using their mobiles, they can.
- Survey finds email pressure for retailers
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...