News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Changes in viewing push more video online
As more consumers watch time-shifted video - of both pre-produced and original content - brands are pushing more into online video to engage those viewers. A new offering from vzaar may help some brands engage and may even open new regions to brands.
Vzaar is adding subtitles to its video content offerings. The ability to add subtitles should help marketers reach international customers without the added cost of creating individualized video content for each country in which a product is available. Instead, subtitles can be used to help those customers better understand the brand.
"Subtitles are a very effective way to broaden your web audience by conveying the busines's marketing message in multiple languages," said Stephen McCluskey, CEO of vzaar . "Subtitles are a must-have for online businesses looking to reach audiences across the globe. Our new subtitle feature supports multiple files in various languages, giving your viewers the ability to select their preferred language from the options you provide."
Subtitles can be added to video content through the vzaar dashboard; the files are then saved and uploaded and available for use by viewers.
While much video content is unique to the brand, an increasing number of video streams are of produced television content - Prime Time shows watched online, older programs, etc. According to General Sentiment, the top broadcast television programs, from an involvement standpoint, for the week ending October 16 included reality hits "Dancing With The Stars" and "X Factor" along with dramas "Supernatural", "Grey's Anatomy" and "NCIS".
What does 'involvement' mean? Simply that viewers are engaging with the programs - and other viewers - through social networks and other online environments.
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...