News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brightroll release guarantees video impressions
A new entry into the online video space should capture more ad dollars. From BrightRoll, the Total Audience Guarantee (TAG) is a first in the video marketplace, giving video advertisers a pay for impression interface. Those impressions are guaranteed by BrightRoll.
"By providing an audience guarantee, we are bridging the gap between traditional television buying and online video," said BrightRoll CEO Tod Sacerdoti. "We see this as a huge step toward making it not just easy, but a no-brainer for advertisers to move campaign dollars online with confidence."
According to comScore's September numbers American consumers watched an average of 18 hours of video content per person; 180 million Americans watched online video during the month. Much of this content was viewed through Google's YouTube hub, but a growing number of viewers turned to network websites or sites like Hulu to catch full-length programming.
"As more of our clients look to allocate portions of their TV budget to online video, it's essential that we not only hit their target audience, but do so in a way that is consistent with their broadcast campaigns," said Doug Wyatt, Digital Associate Director, Maxus; the company has used BrightRoll's tool in the past. "[TAG is] definitely the kind of tool that will help to further bridge the gap between online video buying and traditional television buys, and demonstrate to advertisers that we're able to reach our precise audiences efficiently and effectively."
BrightRoll's TAG platform should help brands by ensuring a certain number of impressions for campaigns. Ads are delivered at scale according to the targets set forth by marketers. During the campaign ads are optimized according to audience segments using various targeting methods; after the campaign, those impressions can be confirmed.
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...