News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Almost half of shoppers to spend less on 2011 holiday gifts
Consumers have been looking for holiday gifts since the start of the year, according to Ipsos Public Affairs and most are planning to spend the same or less than they did last year.
Of the 1,000 US adults surveyed by Ipsos Public Affairs for Offers.com 87% plan to spend the same or less than they did during the 2010 holiday period (45% less / 42% same). Almost half have planned ahead this year and have been looking for bargains since the start of 2011.
Under 20% are hanging out for Black Friday and Cyber Monday promotions.
And, it seems over half won't be taking advantage of savings to be found online. Just 48% intend to look for coupons or coupon codes online. Meanwhile 50% are looking for coupons and savings in magazines and newspapers and 27% have been keeping an eye on online promotions and daily deals since the start of he year.
Where consumers do their holiday gift shopping this year is very dependent on price. Over two-thirds of respondents (69%) would rather purchase a product in-store if prices were the same as online, rising to 73% among 18-34 year olds, and 47% would be swayed to shop online if deals are better than in-store.
"With a majority of U.S. consumers being not likely to look for online coupons or coupon codes when they shop this holiday season, millions of consumers may let savings pass them by," said Steve Schaffer, CEO of Offers.com.
"Online shopping can provide much better value, selection, and convenience than shopping at retail, and online coupons offer extra discounts that can't be found elsewhere."
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...