News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK Consumers prefer email customer service to telephone
A new survey from Econsultancy reveals high levels of frustration with telephone customer service channels among UK consumers with the preferred method of contact being email.
Hate hanging on the end of a telephone stuck in a queue listening to dodgy musak, or getting lost in an automated voice recognition system? You're not alone.
Nearly half (48%) of the 2,000 UK consumers that participated in Econsultancy's survey said the telephone is the most frustrating customer service channel - 8 times more frustrating than live webchat and 3 times more frustrating than email.
However, over a third (39%) said it was the most effective channel.
The top customer service channel among UK consumers was email with 44% expressing a preference, although it wasn't deemed as effective as the telephone (33%).
Despite the promotion of social media as an ideal customer service channel, and one in 10 respondents having asked a question of a brand via this channel, very few (2%) cited Facebook or Twitter as their preferred channel and only 3.3% said it was the most effective.
Retailers were deemed to offer the best customer service experiences, cited by 47%, way ahead of banks (16%), travel firms (15%), automotive companies (10%), utilities firms (8%) and telecoms companies (4%).
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...