News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Redplum: Lottery win would not stop coupon clippers
Even those who had solved all their financial woes with a lottery win would still continue to use coupons, according to the findings of a new survey by deal publisher Redplum.com
Saving money has become a way of life in post-recession days, and finding coupons has become almost a game, a challenge in life.
No longer is coupon-clipping considered desperate, or restricted to struggling families and pensioners, today even the kids are at it. Over half (56%) of 13-17 year olds now use traditional or digital coupons found Redplum.com's survey of over 23,000 people.
"Today's savers are relying on behaviors learned during recessionary times that have become a part of their everyday life," said Lisa Reynolds, RedPlum's Mom Saver-in-chief.
"Our survey shows consumers are trying to save more through coupons, deals and special offers, despite their confidence level remaining basically unchanged from last year. It is clear in a number of areas, that if anything, savings behavior has grown since 2010."
Other findings from Redplum.com's Purse String Study include:
- Over three-quarters of respondents cited newspapers as their primary source of coupons
- 77% said they save $11 or more per week with coupons, more than in 2010 (67%)
- 31% go online for up to 2 hours each week searching out digital discount codes, a 265% increase from 2010
- 60% spend up to 2 hours each week searching print publications for coupons.
So ingrained are coupons in the lives of today's consumers that a whopping 96% of respondents said they would continue to use coupons even if they struck lucky and collected a lottery jackpot.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...