News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Redplum: Lottery win would not stop coupon clippers
Even those who had solved all their financial woes with a lottery win would still continue to use coupons, according to the findings of a new survey by deal publisher Redplum.com
Saving money has become a way of life in post-recession days, and finding coupons has become almost a game, a challenge in life.
No longer is coupon-clipping considered desperate, or restricted to struggling families and pensioners, today even the kids are at it. Over half (56%) of 13-17 year olds now use traditional or digital coupons found Redplum.com's survey of over 23,000 people.
"Today's savers are relying on behaviors learned during recessionary times that have become a part of their everyday life," said Lisa Reynolds, RedPlum's Mom Saver-in-chief.
"Our survey shows consumers are trying to save more through coupons, deals and special offers, despite their confidence level remaining basically unchanged from last year. It is clear in a number of areas, that if anything, savings behavior has grown since 2010."
Other findings from Redplum.com's Purse String Study include:
- Over three-quarters of respondents cited newspapers as their primary source of coupons
- 77% said they save $11 or more per week with coupons, more than in 2010 (67%)
- 31% go online for up to 2 hours each week searching out digital discount codes, a 265% increase from 2010
- 60% spend up to 2 hours each week searching print publications for coupons.
So ingrained are coupons in the lives of today's consumers that a whopping 96% of respondents said they would continue to use coupons even if they struck lucky and collected a lottery jackpot.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...