News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-app purchases account for 72% of iPhone app revenue
Apps offering in-app purchases now account for almost three-quarters of iPhone App Store revenues, according to a presentation by the head of Distimo, more than doubling from just 28% at time last year.
Hendrik Koekkeok of app store monitoring firm Distimo headed up a presentation at the Verizon Developer Community Conference in Las Vegas in which he revealed the stunning rise in revenue generated from apps featuring in-app purchases.
Today 72% of iPhone app revenue comes from apps featuring in-app purchases. Almost half (48%) of those in-app purchases are made from freemium apps.
The above figures are even more astounding when you consider that, according to Distimo, just 4% of apps in the iPhone App Store feature in-app purchases.
Freemium apps are growing significantly faster in the in-app purchasing world. Free app downloads have increased by 34% since 2010 while paid downloads only grew 7% in the same time frame.
Apple recently announced that over 15 billion apps have now been downloaded from its App Store which contains almost half a million apps.
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
- Brands: Why you should prep for cyber attacks
- Fun in the Sun: How to Take a Vacation as a Small Business Owner
- Email Roundup: Solutions to increase targeting
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...