News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-app purchases account for 72% of iPhone app revenue
Apps offering in-app purchases now account for almost three-quarters of iPhone App Store revenues, according to a presentation by the head of Distimo, more than doubling from just 28% at time last year.
Hendrik Koekkeok of app store monitoring firm Distimo headed up a presentation at the Verizon Developer Community Conference in Las Vegas in which he revealed the stunning rise in revenue generated from apps featuring in-app purchases.
Today 72% of iPhone app revenue comes from apps featuring in-app purchases. Almost half (48%) of those in-app purchases are made from freemium apps.
The above figures are even more astounding when you consider that, according to Distimo, just 4% of apps in the iPhone App Store feature in-app purchases.
Freemium apps are growing significantly faster in the in-app purchasing world. Free app downloads have increased by 34% since 2010 while paid downloads only grew 7% in the same time frame.
Apple recently announced that over 15 billion apps have now been downloaded from its App Store which contains almost half a million apps.
- Top tips to improve cash flow
- Study IDs email fatigue
- Top 3 tips to create a strong 2nd party data strategy
- Study: Dark social key to seasonal sharing
- SMB Owners: What you need to know about OT changes
- Report IDs value of Pokemon Go players
- Native ads: Position of disclosure can affect click-through rate
- The state of Internet traffic in Europe
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...