News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-app purchases account for 72% of iPhone app revenue
Apps offering in-app purchases now account for almost three-quarters of iPhone App Store revenues, according to a presentation by the head of Distimo, more than doubling from just 28% at time last year.
Hendrik Koekkeok of app store monitoring firm Distimo headed up a presentation at the Verizon Developer Community Conference in Las Vegas in which he revealed the stunning rise in revenue generated from apps featuring in-app purchases.
Today 72% of iPhone app revenue comes from apps featuring in-app purchases. Almost half (48%) of those in-app purchases are made from freemium apps.
The above figures are even more astounding when you consider that, according to Distimo, just 4% of apps in the iPhone App Store feature in-app purchases.
Freemium apps are growing significantly faster in the in-app purchasing world. Free app downloads have increased by 34% since 2010 while paid downloads only grew 7% in the same time frame.
Apple recently announced that over 15 billion apps have now been downloaded from its App Store which contains almost half a million apps.
- Study: Ebay, Amazon the most visible search advertisers
- Mobile users are banking on a date
- Eight in ten disappointed shoppers give retailers no chance to fix problem
- Report: BTS spending to increase
- Study: Behavioral data influencing more shoppers
- Report: Data scientists spend bulk of time cleaning up
- Retailers: 3 ways shoppers are gaming you
- Mobile Roundup: 2 solutions in the mobile space to broaden reach
Featured White Papers
- Create Conversations, not Campaigns
Nobody wants to get blasted. Commercial email marketing has evolved out of the traditional direct-mail mindset, which is all about...