News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google adds +1 button to ads in display network
It's only four months since launch but Google continues to expand its +1 feature. This week comes the announcement that advertisers on the Google display ad network will soon be able to add the +1 button to display ads.
Despite only having been launched four months ago, Google's +1 button now produces over 4 billion impressions each day and can be found on over 1 million websites. Google's search ads have featured +1 buttons since March.
Those numbers could soon rise because, starting in October, the +1 button will be incorporated into display advertising.
It works very much like Facebook's Like button. After an ad has been "+1'd" anyone in that user's network of Google friends will see that endorsement when the ad is served to them.
The +1 endorsement won't just be limited to display ads. It will also appear on webpages and search ads that the endorser's network of friends is exposed to.
"Incorporating personal recommendations into display ads has the potential to change the way people view advertising," writes Google senior software engineer Eider Oliveira in a blog post.
"A display ad becomes much more powerful when people can see which of their friends and contacts have chosen to endorse it."
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....