News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google adds +1 button to ads in display network
It's only four months since launch but Google continues to expand its +1 feature. This week comes the announcement that advertisers on the Google display ad network will soon be able to add the +1 button to display ads.
Despite only having been launched four months ago, Google's +1 button now produces over 4 billion impressions each day and can be found on over 1 million websites. Google's search ads have featured +1 buttons since March.
Those numbers could soon rise because, starting in October, the +1 button will be incorporated into display advertising.
It works very much like Facebook's Like button. After an ad has been "+1'd" anyone in that user's network of Google friends will see that endorsement when the ad is served to them.
The +1 endorsement won't just be limited to display ads. It will also appear on webpages and search ads that the endorser's network of friends is exposed to.
"Incorporating personal recommendations into display ads has the potential to change the way people view advertising," writes Google senior software engineer Eider Oliveira in a blog post.
"A display ad becomes much more powerful when people can see which of their friends and contacts have chosen to endorse it."
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
- Facebook trials 'Buy' button within advertisers' posts and ads
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...