News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google adds +1 button to ads in display network
It's only four months since launch but Google continues to expand its +1 feature. This week comes the announcement that advertisers on the Google display ad network will soon be able to add the +1 button to display ads.
Despite only having been launched four months ago, Google's +1 button now produces over 4 billion impressions each day and can be found on over 1 million websites. Google's search ads have featured +1 buttons since March.
Those numbers could soon rise because, starting in October, the +1 button will be incorporated into display advertising.
It works very much like Facebook's Like button. After an ad has been "+1'd" anyone in that user's network of Google friends will see that endorsement when the ad is served to them.
The +1 endorsement won't just be limited to display ads. It will also appear on webpages and search ads that the endorser's network of friends is exposed to.
"Incorporating personal recommendations into display ads has the potential to change the way people view advertising," writes Google senior software engineer Eider Oliveira in a blog post.
"A display ad becomes much more powerful when people can see which of their friends and contacts have chosen to endorse it."
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...