News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google adds +1 button to ads in display network
It's only four months since launch but Google continues to expand its +1 feature. This week comes the announcement that advertisers on the Google display ad network will soon be able to add the +1 button to display ads.
Despite only having been launched four months ago, Google's +1 button now produces over 4 billion impressions each day and can be found on over 1 million websites. Google's search ads have featured +1 buttons since March.
Those numbers could soon rise because, starting in October, the +1 button will be incorporated into display advertising.
It works very much like Facebook's Like button. After an ad has been "+1'd" anyone in that user's network of Google friends will see that endorsement when the ad is served to them.
The +1 endorsement won't just be limited to display ads. It will also appear on webpages and search ads that the endorser's network of friends is exposed to.
"Incorporating personal recommendations into display ads has the potential to change the way people view advertising," writes Google senior software engineer Eider Oliveira in a blog post.
"A display ad becomes much more powerful when people can see which of their friends and contacts have chosen to endorse it."
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...