News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Google adds +1 button to ads in display network
It's only four months since launch but Google continues to expand its +1 feature. This week comes the announcement that advertisers on the Google display ad network will soon be able to add the +1 button to display ads.
Despite only having been launched four months ago, Google's +1 button now produces over 4 billion impressions each day and can be found on over 1 million websites. Google's search ads have featured +1 buttons since March.
Those numbers could soon rise because, starting in October, the +1 button will be incorporated into display advertising.
It works very much like Facebook's Like button. After an ad has been "+1'd" anyone in that user's network of Google friends will see that endorsement when the ad is served to them.
The +1 endorsement won't just be limited to display ads. It will also appear on webpages and search ads that the endorser's network of friends is exposed to.
"Incorporating personal recommendations into display ads has the potential to change the way people view advertising," writes Google senior software engineer Eider Oliveira in a blog post.
"A display ad becomes much more powerful when people can see which of their friends and contacts have chosen to endorse it."
- Study: Texting could save customer relationships
- Survey: Though ads influence, relevance is key
- Brands: What you need to know about the 3 leading cyberattacks
- Top 3 tips to increase localization
- Top 3 tips for better personalization
- Ad Roundup: Releases focus on omnichannel
- Expert: How to personalize without the creep factor
- Expert: Why brands need localization
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...