News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GenArts, PixelFish release uses visual effects to engage with shoppers
As more people turn to online video to watch Primetime television, original programming and news clips advertisers are following. A new development in the video space may improve some advertisers' video results. From PixelFish and GenArts, the solution will use visual effects to scale video advertising.
GenArts will power the PixelFish solution, offering better performance for local advertisers hoping to engage through video.
"Visual effects have been shown to increase audience engagement and purchase intent by up to 12% for advertisement spots on TV versus the same exact spot without the visual effects," said Katherine Hays, CEO of GenArts. "Traditionally, that level of engagement with video due to the targeted use of visual effects has been limited to blue-chip brands with large production and distribution budgets. Now, through the GenArts Solution, we are able to bring Madison Avenue results to everyone from an independently-run business to your local pizza shop."
Video ads now account for about 14% of the content in the online video space, but that isn't slowing consumer adoption of the medium. According to the latest data from comScore Americans watched nearly 7 billion video clips in July; 180 million Americans are now watching online video. Most clips are still viewed through Google's YouTube, but a growing number of viewers are going direct to sites like Hulu or network websites to find video content, including full-length television episodes and streaming entire movies.
Hulu continues to reach the most consumers with video ads (409 million ad minutes, 7.9% reach) followed by Adap.tv (396 million ad minutes, 20% reach) and Tremor Video (347 million ad minutes, 19% reach).
- GoDaddy, Microsoft partner for SMB solution
- Report: 1 in 4 execs want more transparency
- SMB Roundup: Launches to simplify content, listings
- Study tracks effects of Google search engine updates on user behavior
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
Featured White Papers
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...