News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GenArts, PixelFish release uses visual effects to engage with shoppers
As more people turn to online video to watch Primetime television, original programming and news clips advertisers are following. A new development in the video space may improve some advertisers' video results. From PixelFish and GenArts, the solution will use visual effects to scale video advertising.
GenArts will power the PixelFish solution, offering better performance for local advertisers hoping to engage through video.
"Visual effects have been shown to increase audience engagement and purchase intent by up to 12% for advertisement spots on TV versus the same exact spot without the visual effects," said Katherine Hays, CEO of GenArts. "Traditionally, that level of engagement with video due to the targeted use of visual effects has been limited to blue-chip brands with large production and distribution budgets. Now, through the GenArts Solution, we are able to bring Madison Avenue results to everyone from an independently-run business to your local pizza shop."
Video ads now account for about 14% of the content in the online video space, but that isn't slowing consumer adoption of the medium. According to the latest data from comScore Americans watched nearly 7 billion video clips in July; 180 million Americans are now watching online video. Most clips are still viewed through Google's YouTube, but a growing number of viewers are going direct to sites like Hulu or network websites to find video content, including full-length television episodes and streaming entire movies.
Hulu continues to reach the most consumers with video ads (409 million ad minutes, 7.9% reach) followed by Adap.tv (396 million ad minutes, 20% reach) and Tremor Video (347 million ad minutes, 19% reach).
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...