News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
GenArts, PixelFish release uses visual effects to engage with shoppers
As more people turn to online video to watch Primetime television, original programming and news clips advertisers are following. A new development in the video space may improve some advertisers' video results. From PixelFish and GenArts, the solution will use visual effects to scale video advertising.
GenArts will power the PixelFish solution, offering better performance for local advertisers hoping to engage through video.
"Visual effects have been shown to increase audience engagement and purchase intent by up to 12% for advertisement spots on TV versus the same exact spot without the visual effects," said Katherine Hays, CEO of GenArts. "Traditionally, that level of engagement with video due to the targeted use of visual effects has been limited to blue-chip brands with large production and distribution budgets. Now, through the GenArts Solution, we are able to bring Madison Avenue results to everyone from an independently-run business to your local pizza shop."
Video ads now account for about 14% of the content in the online video space, but that isn't slowing consumer adoption of the medium. According to the latest data from comScore Americans watched nearly 7 billion video clips in July; 180 million Americans are now watching online video. Most clips are still viewed through Google's YouTube, but a growing number of viewers are going direct to sites like Hulu or network websites to find video content, including full-length television episodes and streaming entire movies.
Hulu continues to reach the most consumers with video ads (409 million ad minutes, 7.9% reach) followed by Adap.tv (396 million ad minutes, 20% reach) and Tremor Video (347 million ad minutes, 19% reach).
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...