News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe, US showing strong mobile growth
mobileSQUARED's updated mobile forecast indicates that the Big 5 European markets - UK, Spain, Italy, Germany and France - are driving smartphone adoption, pushing more brands into the mobile space. They estimate mobile ads will reach just over $1 billion by 2014 and that by 2016 will near the $2 billion mark.
Previously mobileSQUARED predicted European advertisers would reach the $1 billion mobile mark in 2015. All told, more than 93 million 'Big 5' Europeans will be 'in' the mobile marketplace by the end of 2011.
Android smartphones have the highest mobile penetration in the European marketplace finds comScore with nearly one-quarter of 'Big 5' smartphone users on that platform.
"Smartphone adoption has seen significant growth...driven in large part by the increasing popularity of the Google Android platform," said Jeremy Copp, comScore Europe vice president for Mobile. "Although Symbian continues to lead the EU5 smartphone market, Android is gaining fast and recently passed Apple to become the second most popular platform. Network operators, publishers and advertisers looking to effectively reach the European mobile audience must pay close attention to the continued growth of Android in the region, as it will likely have far-reaching implications for the mobile media landscape."
In the US, meanwhile, 82 million consumers have adopted smartphones with Samsung, LG and Motorola the top handsets.
New data from JumpTap and DigiDay finds that the number one mobile attribute, from a marketer standpoint in the US, is targeting. While the majority of mobile marketers have been in the space for between one and five years they believe the ability to hyper-target through mobile devices leads to more engaged consumers. Also, while only about 6% of ad budgets are now reserved for mobile, marketers expect to increase their mobile spend to 35% of the total over the next year.
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...