News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Europe, US showing strong mobile growth
mobileSQUARED's updated mobile forecast indicates that the Big 5 European markets - UK, Spain, Italy, Germany and France - are driving smartphone adoption, pushing more brands into the mobile space. They estimate mobile ads will reach just over $1 billion by 2014 and that by 2016 will near the $2 billion mark.
Previously mobileSQUARED predicted European advertisers would reach the $1 billion mobile mark in 2015. All told, more than 93 million 'Big 5' Europeans will be 'in' the mobile marketplace by the end of 2011.
Android smartphones have the highest mobile penetration in the European marketplace finds comScore with nearly one-quarter of 'Big 5' smartphone users on that platform.
"Smartphone adoption has seen significant growth...driven in large part by the increasing popularity of the Google Android platform," said Jeremy Copp, comScore Europe vice president for Mobile. "Although Symbian continues to lead the EU5 smartphone market, Android is gaining fast and recently passed Apple to become the second most popular platform. Network operators, publishers and advertisers looking to effectively reach the European mobile audience must pay close attention to the continued growth of Android in the region, as it will likely have far-reaching implications for the mobile media landscape."
In the US, meanwhile, 82 million consumers have adopted smartphones with Samsung, LG and Motorola the top handsets.
New data from JumpTap and DigiDay finds that the number one mobile attribute, from a marketer standpoint in the US, is targeting. While the majority of mobile marketers have been in the space for between one and five years they believe the ability to hyper-target through mobile devices leads to more engaged consumers. Also, while only about 6% of ad budgets are now reserved for mobile, marketers expect to increase their mobile spend to 35% of the total over the next year.
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
- Reports: Consumers want television everywhere
- SMBs: The marketplace is getting tougher
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...