News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
eMarketer: Mobile coupon use in US to almost double by 2013
The coupon craze is set to continue as consumers increasingly use their mobile devices to bag a bargain wherever they go. A new report from eMarketer reveals that in 2013 over 16% of adult mobile users in the US will redeem a coupon using their device.
Coupon use has come a long way, particularly post-recession. Even youngsters are at it. A recent survey by Redplum.com found that over half (56%) of 13-17 year olds now use coupons. Even a lottery win wouldn't stop most people from using them.
Gone are the days of an embarrassing fumble with crumpled clippings at the checkout. Today's coupon users are loud, proud and increasingly mobile. They want to be seen swiping their iPhone or checking-in for a discount.
According to a new report released by eMarketer, "Mobile Coupons: Offers and Deals Light Up the Last Mile", we'll all be doing a lot more couponing. This year 20 million adults in the US will redeem a mobile coupon. By 2013 that number will nearly double and 16.5% of all adult mobile users in the US will be in on the coupon craze.
Smartphone owners use mobile coupons much more than feature phone users, for obvious reasons, found eMarketer, and use grew 117% this year. By 2013 a third of smartphone users will be redeeming coupons.
"Even as the sputtering economy attempts its recovery, the popularity of couponing has continued, spurred in part by the burgeoning daily deals space," said Noah Elkin, eMarketer principal analyst and author of the report.
"Mobile coupons will play a central role in broadening the appeal and acceptance of digital coupons among shoppers."
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...