News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Brands betting on social for holidays
Many brands are looking to social to help push their name recognition to the next level this holiday season. According to the Bizo survey brands are betting that social shopping will take them into the fall season and then straight through to the holidays with increased awareness, which could lead to more conversions.
Executives surveyed for the report said that social was perceived as 'most important' (65%) for the upcoming shopping seasons with email ranked second (46%) and content marketing third (45%).
"We have seen marketers take a much more strategic approach to their campaigns where what they measure and how they measure becomes vitally important," said Russell Glass, CEO of Bizo.
As for what brands want to achieve with social, the key isn't specific conversions but rather a bigger impact for the brand. Nearly half of respondents said social's big draw was the potential increase in brand/product awareness. They also like social because it can 'back up' other campaigns.
To that end, many are looking for ways to make ecommerce simpler for the consumer; one option is the social sign-in, or allowing consumers to make a purchase using a social profile rather than creating an all-new profile for each retail hub. SilverPop has partnered with Janrain to launch their Social Sign In platform.
"Carefully integrating social media into a multichannel marketing strategy is crucial for success," said Bryan Brown, director of product strategy for Silverpop. "We think of initial website interactions as similar to meeting someone for the first time. The interaction needs to be pleasant and simple and if you feel a connection, you want to be able to get back in touch."
According to Janrain, early adopters of social sign in solutions have seen increases registration conversion rates by utilizing the method.
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...