News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
QR codes to start appearing on Nissan vehicle window stickers
The auto industry is making good use of QR codes. Earlier this year the U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency unveiled new designs for fuel efficiency information labels found on new vehicles and now Nissan are employing them as "silent salespersons".
Mobile devices are becoming an invaluable shopping tool, even for autos. Visitors to online auto websites grew 30% year on year but visitors to mobile versions of those sites grew more than 15 times that - 463% year on year, according to research by Jumptap.
The U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also took mobile users into account with the design of their new vehicle fuel efficiency information labels. Consumers with smartphones can scan a QR Code on the new label which takes them to a website where personal driving data can be entered to obtain personalized vehicle fuel consumption data.
Now Nissan has revealed it is the first to put QR codes on its vehicle information stickers. The codes, which will begin to appear on some 2012 models, will act as 'silent sales persons' for those who prefer to shop after hours.
When scanned, the QR code take users to a website containing key vehicle information and video along with dealership locators and location-based financial deals, quote requests and inventory listings.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...