News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
QR codes to start appearing on Nissan vehicle window stickers
The auto industry is making good use of QR codes. Earlier this year the U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency unveiled new designs for fuel efficiency information labels found on new vehicles and now Nissan are employing them as "silent salespersons".
Mobile devices are becoming an invaluable shopping tool, even for autos. Visitors to online auto websites grew 30% year on year but visitors to mobile versions of those sites grew more than 15 times that - 463% year on year, according to research by Jumptap.
The U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also took mobile users into account with the design of their new vehicle fuel efficiency information labels. Consumers with smartphones can scan a QR Code on the new label which takes them to a website where personal driving data can be entered to obtain personalized vehicle fuel consumption data.
Now Nissan has revealed it is the first to put QR codes on its vehicle information stickers. The codes, which will begin to appear on some 2012 models, will act as 'silent sales persons' for those who prefer to shop after hours.
When scanned, the QR code take users to a website containing key vehicle information and video along with dealership locators and location-based financial deals, quote requests and inventory listings.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...