News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
QR codes to start appearing on Nissan vehicle window stickers
The auto industry is making good use of QR codes. Earlier this year the U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency unveiled new designs for fuel efficiency information labels found on new vehicles and now Nissan are employing them as "silent salespersons".
Mobile devices are becoming an invaluable shopping tool, even for autos. Visitors to online auto websites grew 30% year on year but visitors to mobile versions of those sites grew more than 15 times that - 463% year on year, according to research by Jumptap.
The U.S. Transportation Department and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency also took mobile users into account with the design of their new vehicle fuel efficiency information labels. Consumers with smartphones can scan a QR Code on the new label which takes them to a website where personal driving data can be entered to obtain personalized vehicle fuel consumption data.
Now Nissan has revealed it is the first to put QR codes on its vehicle information stickers. The codes, which will begin to appear on some 2012 models, will act as 'silent sales persons' for those who prefer to shop after hours.
When scanned, the QR code take users to a website containing key vehicle information and video along with dealership locators and location-based financial deals, quote requests and inventory listings.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...