News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hunch infographic reveals traits of iOS vs. Android users
According to new data from Hunch, the mobile platform you use may say a lot about who you are and what you do.
Hunch released an infographic on the personalities of iOS and Android users this week and, apart from some obvious results, it makes for interesting reading.
So what did posing the question "What type of operating system does your cellphone use?" to 15,000 or so users reveal? First off it found more men using Android than women, something that has shown up in previous studies and which is assumed to be a result of Android targeting men in their advertising campaigns.
Hunch's survey found iPhone users to be better educated with higher incomes, be a lot more "high maintenance" and 26% more likely to enjoy splashing out on new toys. Similarly they consider themselves leaders (27% more so than Android users) and early adopters (50% more likely).
Meanwhile 71% Android users say they are more likely to follow than lead, are 29% more likely to save their money and live outside of urban areas (80% more likely to live in the country). They don't go far - 71% of Android users having never left their native country compared with 50% of iPhone users who have visited five or more foreign locations.
Hunch's infographic, which goes on to reveal differences in tastes of fashion, food, technology and media, appears to suggest spending power accounts for many of the differences.
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...