News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook ditches Daily Deals
After four months of testing in places such as Atlanta, Dallas and San Francisco, Facebook has made the decision to ditch its Deals program despite acknowledging that there "is a lot of power in a social approach to driving people into local businesses".
Facebook's Daily Deals, a feature similar to that offered by the likes of Groupon and LivingSocial, is no more. This should not be confused with Check-In Deals which presents users with offers when they check in to locations via Facebook Places. Daily Deals - arranged by a sales team with local merchants - were emailed to Facebook users who signed up to the program.
No reason was given for the decision to ditch Daily Deals, but Facebook remains positive, saying "we remain committed to building products to help local businesses connect with people, like Ads, Pages, Sponsored Stories, and Check-in Deals."
Vinicius Vacanti, co-founder of Yipit.com, wasn't surprised to hear of Facebook's decision saying the Deals product had been "an underwhelming product and experience".
"I don't believe this means daily deals are not a viable business," Vacanti added. "It more suggests that large media and tech companies can't just 'turn on' daily deals and expect them to work. It has to be more thoughtfully integrated into their existing product."
- The most shared video clips depend on region
- Top tax tips that will protect your information
- Report: Millennials spending more time with UGC
- New AdWords format includes detailed consumer opinion data
- Quarter of UK's top finance brands have no mobile website, apps
- Report reveals men's emerging role in household supermarket shopping chore
- How data will impact businesses in 2014
- Report: Social pushing coupon search, use
Featured White Papers
- Choosing the Best Web CMS for Customer Experience Management
In this paper, learn how to choose the right CMS for you and your business from the eyes of a...
- Mobile Marketing: The Time is Now
Consumers are now more comfortable using retailers' mobile applications that can help them find specific products and brands, or just...
- The Definitive Guide to Marketing Automation
Why is marketing automation so hot right now? This guide will show you what marketing automation is and how it...
- The Inbound Website: Getting Found with SEO & Social
Extend your inbound marketing strategy to your entire website with actionable tips and best practices that help you increase visitors,...
- 17 Ways to Build a Great Brand Today
This white paper highlights 17 developments that are influencing brand-building today and what great brands are doing about them....
- How to Stop Webpage Speed from Killing Your Marketing
Your website visitors have high expectations about how quickly your web site should load on their desktop and mobile devices....