News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 20% of global Internet users visited Amazon in June
Over a fifth of global Internet users visited Amazon's various websites during June, according to a report from comScore, as consumers continue to head online for convenience and best prices.
comScore's research into global retail and auction sites found that Amazon.com and its related regional subsidiaries attracted 282 million visitors in June, equivalent to 20.4% of the world's online population.
"While retail e-commerce has already grown to become a $150+ billion annual industry in the U.S., it still presents enormous upside opportunity across much of the globe," said comScore co-Founder and Chairman Gian Fulgoni.
"Technology has changed the way consumers behave, and increasingly they are opting for the convenience and pricing advantages offered by the online channel. Several global retail brands have already capitalized on this global consumer trend, and many other retailers are sure to pursue their share of the pie."
Amazon was followed by eBay, which received 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the worldwide Internet audience across the same period.
The survey, which involved only users aged over 15 years accessing the Internet from a home or work computer, found eBay to be the second most-popular site receiving 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the global Internet population.
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...