News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 20% of global Internet users visited Amazon in June
Over a fifth of global Internet users visited Amazon's various websites during June, according to a report from comScore, as consumers continue to head online for convenience and best prices.
comScore's research into global retail and auction sites found that Amazon.com and its related regional subsidiaries attracted 282 million visitors in June, equivalent to 20.4% of the world's online population.
"While retail e-commerce has already grown to become a $150+ billion annual industry in the U.S., it still presents enormous upside opportunity across much of the globe," said comScore co-Founder and Chairman Gian Fulgoni.
"Technology has changed the way consumers behave, and increasingly they are opting for the convenience and pricing advantages offered by the online channel. Several global retail brands have already capitalized on this global consumer trend, and many other retailers are sure to pursue their share of the pie."
Amazon was followed by eBay, which received 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the worldwide Internet audience across the same period.
The survey, which involved only users aged over 15 years accessing the Internet from a home or work computer, found eBay to be the second most-popular site receiving 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the global Internet population.
- Excessive use of in-store beacon technology decreases app use
- Report urges brands to go their own way and sell direct
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...