News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 20% of global Internet users visited Amazon in June
Over a fifth of global Internet users visited Amazon's various websites during June, according to a report from comScore, as consumers continue to head online for convenience and best prices.
comScore's research into global retail and auction sites found that Amazon.com and its related regional subsidiaries attracted 282 million visitors in June, equivalent to 20.4% of the world's online population.
"While retail e-commerce has already grown to become a $150+ billion annual industry in the U.S., it still presents enormous upside opportunity across much of the globe," said comScore co-Founder and Chairman Gian Fulgoni.
"Technology has changed the way consumers behave, and increasingly they are opting for the convenience and pricing advantages offered by the online channel. Several global retail brands have already capitalized on this global consumer trend, and many other retailers are sure to pursue their share of the pie."
Amazon was followed by eBay, which received 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the worldwide Internet audience across the same period.
The survey, which involved only users aged over 15 years accessing the Internet from a home or work computer, found eBay to be the second most-popular site receiving 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the global Internet population.
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...