News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
comScore: 20% of global Internet users visited Amazon in June
Over a fifth of global Internet users visited Amazon's various websites during June, according to a report from comScore, as consumers continue to head online for convenience and best prices.
comScore's research into global retail and auction sites found that Amazon.com and its related regional subsidiaries attracted 282 million visitors in June, equivalent to 20.4% of the world's online population.
"While retail e-commerce has already grown to become a $150+ billion annual industry in the U.S., it still presents enormous upside opportunity across much of the globe," said comScore co-Founder and Chairman Gian Fulgoni.
"Technology has changed the way consumers behave, and increasingly they are opting for the convenience and pricing advantages offered by the online channel. Several global retail brands have already capitalized on this global consumer trend, and many other retailers are sure to pursue their share of the pie."
Amazon was followed by eBay, which received 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the worldwide Internet audience across the same period.
The survey, which involved only users aged over 15 years accessing the Internet from a home or work computer, found eBay to be the second most-popular site receiving 223.5 million visitors or 16.2% of the global Internet population.
- Today's consumers want more from loyalty programs
- Expert: MCommerce nearing tipping point
- Merchants: How to make wishlists work for you
- Top 3 tips to better source loyalty data
- 57% of consumers do not trust a business with their data
- 39% turn blind eye to branded social media posts
- Study: Tiggered emails key to reengaging cart abandoners
- Report: Mobile pushing more ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- The Keys to a 'Stop 'em & Grab 'em' Landing Page
Follow these keys when developing your landing page, and in no time you will have all of the traffic and...